Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How do you decide on names for your pets?

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine has names in mind and when she gets pets she gives them these names.  Such as names of favorite authors.  I like to get the pets and pick out a name that fits them.

Chewie. Because when we got her she happily chewed all of my computer cords.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Replies (41-47):
homeskoolmama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Chickens

Chatty Katty

Big Boy

Pepper

Nugget

Cracker

Ruby

Cinnamon

Lacy/Little bit

Spot

Crower

Squeaky

then there are 5 that we honestly  can't tell apart! LOL so they don't have names but the ones that do will come when called! It is very funny. Nugget is going to find a home in my moms stew pot, he is a mean little cuss and I don't like him. So he has to go.

Quoting Bmat:

LOL! about sparing us the names of the chickens. Actually I wouldn't mind hearing them just out of curiosity about what a chicken's name would be.  I have seen shaggy  dogs who look like bears when they are babies... Samoyeds I am thinking.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

My pets all have Southern names, but they also fit them. Dixie was first, our dog. It was the only name we could all agree on. So when we got Lily, she was a delicate little kitty and I kept saying "she's as delicate as a little flower blossom" so...Lily. Beau because he is a big ol'male, black as smut and slick but loving as all get out. My southern charmer :-)  Sugar came along and it was ...aw the baby, sweet as sugar/honey. But since he is black we decided on sugar because it is white and we are kooky like that. One of my black chickens is named cracker! Ruby has a red breast, cinnamon is cinnamon and black in color, Spot, is white with one black spot. We have 16 chickens, so I'll spare you.

But we do give names based on personality or looks.

Bear the new puppy is as cute as a little bear cub and sort of resembled one.

breakoutjoyfull
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Though I felt silly, I sat beside our new cat and slowly repeated a list of names.  She turned her head and looked at me when I said, "Bella"- so Bella it is!

allforedwards
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM
The boxer we have is named Daytona. After the Daytona 500. We are NASCAR fans. But we did have a cat once that we named Tigger cause when he was a kitten he would pounce on the falling leaves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on May. 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Cute names!! 

My grandma raised chickens, but she didn't name them.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Chickens

Chatty Katty

Big Boy

Pepper

Nugget

Cracker

Ruby

Cinnamon

Lacy/Little bit

Spot

Crower

Squeaky

then there are 5 that we honestly  can't tell apart! LOL so they don't have names but the ones that do will come when called! It is very funny. Nugget is going to find a home in my moms stew pot, he is a mean little cuss and I don't like him. So he has to go.

Quoting Bmat:

LOL! about sparing us the names of the chickens. Actually I wouldn't mind hearing them just out of curiosity about what a chicken's name would be.  I have seen shaggy  dogs who look like bears when they are babies... Samoyeds I am thinking.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

My pets all have Southern names, but they also fit them. Dixie was first, our dog. It was the only name we could all agree on. So when we got Lily, she was a delicate little kitty and I kept saying "she's as delicate as a little flower blossom" so...Lily. Beau because he is a big ol'male, black as smut and slick but loving as all get out. My southern charmer :-)  Sugar came along and it was ...aw the baby, sweet as sugar/honey. But since he is black we decided on sugar because it is white and we are kooky like that. One of my black chickens is named cracker! Ruby has a red breast, cinnamon is cinnamon and black in color, Spot, is white with one black spot. We have 16 chickens, so I'll spare you.

But we do give names based on personality or looks.

Bear the new puppy is as cute as a little bear cub and sort of resembled one.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM

*nodding*  This is a good way to do it, let the cat choose.

Quoting breakoutjoyfull:

Though I felt silly, I sat beside our new cat and slowly repeated a list of names.  She turned her head and looked at me when I said, "Bella"- so Bella it is!

Bmat
by Barb on May. 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I like both of these names. 

Kittens are so cute. The last kittens we got were just about past the kitten stage. I thought I'd like an older cat, but they had bad habits (jumping on the counters) that I could have trained a kitten away from.

Quoting allforedwards:

The boxer we have is named Daytona. After the Daytona 500. We are NASCAR fans. But we did have a cat once that we named Tigger cause when he was a kitten he would pounce on the falling leaves.

dreamweaver56
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Quoting Bmat:

A friend of mine has names in mind and when she gets pets she gives them these names.  Such as names of favorite authors.  I like to get the pets and pick out a name that fits them.

Chewie. Because when we got her she happily chewed all of my computer cords.

Sounds reasonable !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN