Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

IS GOD REAL TO YOU OR JUST A FAIRY TALE?

JLYNN

by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Not sure !

Join us at

Time Out for You

melissa632
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:57 AM
To me? ...fairy tale.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM

me too.

Quoting Why123:

I agree with what she said.

Quoting breakoutjoyfull:

I have never had a sure answer to this question, but I choose to believe there is a Divine force in the universe, a source of hope, help and strength.  I am certain that there is good and evil in the world, and that there is much we cannot see or understand about life here on earth.  Carl Jung, the great philosopher, said something to the effect that each of us must make our own relationship with God, and that through our personal experiences we will come to know Him. In my experience,  authentic faith, versus "superficial" religious observance ( the imitation of faith without the depth of meaning) is a powerful, life-changing process. ( I do NOT imply that observing a religion is superficial.)  I have been through many stages in my spiritual journey- from rigidly/blindly faithful, to agnostic, to exploring a variety of spiritual paths, to choosing a family faith and finding my way to greater spiritual growth.  No doubt there will always be continued learning- I am continually aware of how little I know!  Why do you ask?  Wishing you the best.     

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

allforedwards
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Real
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kam013
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Quoting breakoutjoyfull:

I have never had a sure answer to this question, but I choose to believe there is a Divine force in the universe, a source of hope, help and strength.  I am certain that there is good and evil in the world, and that there is much we cannot see or understand about life here on earth.  Carl Jung, the great philosopher, said something to the effect that each of us must make our own relationship with God, and that through our personal experiences we will come to know Him. In my experience,  authentic faith, versus "superficial" religious observance ( the imitation of faith without the depth of meaning) is a powerful, life-changing process. ( I do NOT imply that observing a religion is superficial.)  I have been through many stages in my spiritual journey- from rigidly/blindly faithful, to agnostic, to exploring a variety of spiritual paths, to choosing a family faith and finding my way to greater spiritual growth.  No doubt there will always be continued learning- I am continually aware of how little I know!  Why do you ask?  Wishing you the best.     

I love the way you put this.  I answered REAL because I do believe in something, I don't always know what/who it is, but I believe.  

There have been many times where I have been tested (namely the death of my 13 year old Nephew).  You wonder and you ask yourself why?  But instead of turning me away from Faith it actually pushed me closer to believing.  I am not a strongly religious person, I admittedly don't attend church, but I believe I am a spiritual person.  I feel in my heart that someone is watching over us and that my Nephew is in good hands.  

Thank you for sharing this, it's nice to know others feel the same way.  

CoeyG
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I believe in a higher power but the "God" of the bible is more of a fairy tale...the bible to me is nore more than a history book.

Lovemusic0811
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM
real to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Very real!

caro100
by Carol on May. 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this

He is REAL.  Even if a person thinks he's a fairy tale, doesn't make him any less real.  At one time I was on the fence, then I met HIM.  He has only revealed himself once to me, but hey once you have your Damascus Road experience, you know.

CoeyG
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Quoting caro100:

He is REAL.  Even if a person thinks he's a fairy tale, doesn't make him any less real.  At one time I was on the fence, then I met HIM.  He has only revealed himself once to me, but hey once you have your Damascus Road experience, you know.

This is all your opinion only.  In my opinion my higher power doesn't have a gender. your "God" has always been a male...why is that?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN