Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

GOD

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:31 AM
  • 61 Replies

IS GOD REAL TO YOU OR JUST A FAIRY TALE?

JLYNN

by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM

He is very real to me.  

kam013
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Real

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 2, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Very real.

billiejo79
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

REAL

breakoutjoyfull
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I have never had a sure answer to this question, but I choose to believe there is a Divine force in the universe, a source of hope, help and strength.  I am certain that there is good and evil in the world, and that there is much we cannot see or understand about life here on earth.  Carl Jung, the great philosopher, said something to the effect that each of us must make our own relationship with God, and that through our personal experiences we will come to know Him. In my experience,  authentic faith, versus "superficial" religious observance ( the imitation of faith without the depth of meaning) is a powerful, life-changing process. ( I do NOT imply that observing a religion is superficial.)  I have been through many stages in my spiritual journey- from rigidly/blindly faithful, to agnostic, to exploring a variety of spiritual paths, to choosing a family faith and finding my way to greater spiritual growth.  No doubt there will always be continued learning- I am continually aware of how little I know!  Why do you ask?  Wishing you the best.     

Bmat
by Barb on May. 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Real

jonnlilithsmom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:57 AM

which one?

emptynstr
by Leanne on May. 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Mythology is mythology, whether recent or ancient, and quite different from fairy tales.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I agree with what she said.

Quoting breakoutjoyfull:

I have never had a sure answer to this question, but I choose to believe there is a Divine force in the universe, a source of hope, help and strength.  I am certain that there is good and evil in the world, and that there is much we cannot see or understand about life here on earth.  Carl Jung, the great philosopher, said something to the effect that each of us must make our own relationship with God, and that through our personal experiences we will come to know Him. In my experience,  authentic faith, versus "superficial" religious observance ( the imitation of faith without the depth of meaning) is a powerful, life-changing process. ( I do NOT imply that observing a religion is superficial.)  I have been through many stages in my spiritual journey- from rigidly/blindly faithful, to agnostic, to exploring a variety of spiritual paths, to choosing a family faith and finding my way to greater spiritual growth.  No doubt there will always be continued learning- I am continually aware of how little I know!  Why do you ask?  Wishing you the best.     

momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Very Real!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)