Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

That smells really good!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:39 PM
  • 33 Replies

I work with a bunch of spanish guys. Everyday when they heat their lunches it smells fantastic! I just ate my lunch and the smell coming from theirs is making me hungry. I wish I knew what they were eating and how to cook it!

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I'm not Spanish but I live in fla. Tonight as a matter of fact I am making tamales!

My dd said when she was in school the white children would bring cupcakes and cookies to the class parties but the spanish kids would bring the good stuff like tamales and enchiladas, lol!

CoeyG
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Quoting nana9106:

I work with a bunch of spanish guys. Everyday when they heat their lunches it smells fantastic! I just ate my lunch and the smell coming from theirs is making me hungry. I wish I knew what they were eating and how to cook it!

So, ask them.

caro100
by Carol on May. 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Ask them.  Are they mexican/hispanic or castille?  Believe me they will tell you the difference.  Castille is" pureblood, from old country"  I made the mistake of asking which part of mexico a friend of mine's fiancee was from.  OH MY GOSH!! He rared back and said his ancestors were from Spain and had not married or integrated with the "Indians" .  Never made that mistake again.

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM

MMMM I love tamales!

Quoting Shellness:

I'm not Spanish but I live in fla. Tonight as a matter of fact I am making tamales!

My dd said when she was in school the white children would bring cupcakes and cookies to the class parties but the spanish kids would bring the good stuff like tamales and enchiladas, lol!

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 2, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I have asked before...and their reply is always "I don't know what it is called in english"

So now I just smell and wish

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting nana9106:

So, ask them.

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Mexican mostly...but there is at least one from each of the south american countries....El Salvador, Guatemala, Columbia, Honduras...even some from Cuba & Purto Rico

Quoting caro100:

Ask them.  Are they mexican/hispanic or castille?  Believe me they will tell you the difference.  Castille is" pureblood, from old country"  I made the mistake of asking which part of mexico a friend of mine's fiancee was from.  OH MY GOSH!! He rared back and said his ancestors were from Spain and had not married or integrated with the "Indians" .  Never made that mistake again.

CoeyG
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Quoting nana9106:

I have asked before...and their reply is always "I don't know what it is called in english"

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting nana9106:

So, ask them.

So, ask them whati it is called in Spanish...and are these Spanish men or Mexican men?  There is a difference

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Mostly Mexican...but some from all over south america really

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting nana9106:

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting nana9106:

So, ask them.

So, ask them whati it is called in Spanish...and are these Spanish men or Mexican men?  There is a difference

homeskoolmama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Ask them.

I love Mexican food!

homeskoolmama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Sorry, saw this after I posted "ask them"

Do you know anyone who could translate for you? Or google the spanish word they tell you. Worth a shot

Quoting nana9106:

Mostly Mexican...but some from all over south america really

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting nana9106:

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting nana9106:

So, ask them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN