Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite memory

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 13 Replies

Of you and your mom?

by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM

How sad, I've been racking my brain and I don't have one.

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM

There are so many... But one I can think of is just before I got married... me, my mom and my aunt were shopping for some stuff for the wedding and we stopped at Hulahans for lunch...we were cutting up and being silly. I had never really seen my mom just be 'Sandra' she was always momma....that day she was just herself and I knew then that our relationship had changed from mother daughter to friends too.

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM

What is yours?

Quoting Why123:

Of you and your mom?

Why123
by Nancy on May. 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM

My favorite memories are of walking to the library with my mom and my brothers.  We went every 2 weeks rain or shine and sometimes we stopped at the candy store on the way home and got a treat.

gmadiane
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

one of the last field trips she went on before she passed, she took a group of us to a mexican restaurant and instead of going right back to the school, she took us downtown where they had all the windows decorated for Christmas

dreamweaver56
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM

All the times we laughed...and, many times, it was at her. She taught me its ok to laugh at myself. Miss you, Mom.

CoeyG
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I can't think of one.  However my favorite memory of me and my dad was when he took me on a ride in the cab of the engine on the train.  I got to do the horn and everything!  Exciting for a 4 year old.  

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 3, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I miss her soft skin and gentle touch.  Her hands always seemed so soft.  She kept a clean house and I miss her homemade bread and donuts.  She didn't drive so I took her shopping.  I miss doing that.  I don't have one favorite memory, I have many.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on May. 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Hmmm .. tough to think of one ::sigh::

Join us at

Time Out for You

lisamarie1265
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Oh gosh to many to count, being that I was the only girl my mom and I were/are best friends... We are very close, I have one particular memory...a little background first I have 2 brothers 1yr apart they were always dressed alike, I have 2 girl cousins who were always dressed alike and thier 2 brothers were always dressed alike I was the odd man or girl out... One Christmas when I was 6 I told my mom I wasn't going to grammas house she asked why, and I started to cry I said.. I don't get to dress like anyone... She was puzzled, I said bobby and David dress the same, Anita and Sharon dress the same and Russell and Paul.. I feel lonely I don't want to celebrate Christmas.. My mom told me it would be ok... 2 days later she showed me her dress she was making for the party.. It was finally done, I remember it was black velvet with a scope neck and long sleeves my ma could really sew, I told her it was pretty, but was still sad until she handed me a little package wrapped in white tissue paper with a beatiful red velvet ribbon.. She said her and mrs Claus had a little talk and that I could have a gift early.. It was an exact replica of my moms black velvet dress ....in my little size.. I was never so happy in my life and the red ribbon she said the boys (my brothers) picked out of her sewing stuff to wear in my hair... Later that day we went shopping I got new black patent leather shoes and white tights... I was so proud of my new Christmas outfit but more proud that I was able to dress like someone .. Better than an ole stinky brother or sister I dressed just like my mom!! ..... Another memory seeing my moms face the day my first daughter was born.. Ma happened to have the day off, and that morning when my water broke my hubby was like what do you want me to do (Jessie surprised us by being exactly a month to her due date early) I said...call my moooooom I want my moooom, SO he dropped me at the hospital and went and picked her up she stayed with me the whole time from 7:30am to exactly 3pm when teeny Jessie came into the world ... My hubby was no good in those situations so he went to finish putting in his sisters floor but knew I was in good hands with my mom. I loved watching her hold her and walk around the room and her excitement when ken and my dad finally got there.. So sweet.. I love my mom so dearly... Hundreds of memories, not enough space here lol!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)