Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Lets Brag a Little Bit

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM
  • 22 Replies

I wanna hear about your proud Mom moments.

What is something that your kids have done (past or present) that has made your heart fill with pride? It can be anything...an award, acheivement, action or just something they said or did.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by Darlene on May. 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM
2 moms liked this

When Robert graduated from Marine Corps boot camp was a very proud moment for me. I was standing there crying thinking "that's my boy...no he a man now"

When Stacie was in highschool, she witnessed someone picking on her younger sister. And handled it like a pro. When the school called and explained what happened...I was crying, because i was so proud.

Amamda has a way to smile in the face of adversity. With all of her disabilities she always has a smile on her face. She makes me so proud, she is a constant inspiration.

CoeyG
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

The day she called to tell me that at semesters end of her first year in college she had a 4.0GPA and was being inducted into the Honor Society!  Mind you this is the kid who flunked out of high school and had to take classes in adult ed in order to get her GED LOL, she maintained a 3.5-4.0 throughout her college years, held an office in student government for three years.

dreamweaver56
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Wow, so many times thru the years...son being only 1st grader in the county to be in the gifted student program; daughter singing at the National Cathedral in DC; both graduated HS in the National Honor Society; pinning dtr at her nursing school graduation; seeing both with their newborns; son installed as State Master Councilor in DeMolay; dtr installed as GWAA in Rainbow.....and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Never in trouble, always where they were supposed to be, excellent students...I'm lucky to have been so blessed.

Ferne
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM

when my son was 22 he went floating down the river with friends.  They had pulled over to the bank just before hitting the rapids and watched others floating by. There were some children on their own tubes, without life jackets,  following behind their parents. When one of them turned over. He swam out into the rapids and managed to get the child and bring her to the river bank.

CoeyG
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

When my daughter left for Texas she knew that her father put little faith in her ability, however.  She now is manager of the houskeeping staff and she also does much of the office work for the motel.  Her father isn't a "desk sitter" so he does most of the maintainence around the motel and her step mother...well I'm not going to say she is dumb but what took her eight hours to do it takes Shannon less than four.  All this has impressed her father a great deal and now when Shannon makes a suggestion he says "So what are you waiting for?"  She's done quite well.

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

My daughter is an amazing woman and a fantastic mom.  'Nuff said!!! 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I am so proud of all three of mine all the time and to list a few moments would be so difficult.  One recent moment was my oldest son's graduation from the USNVl Post Graduate School with his 2nd Master's degree.  My daughter has made the Dean's list every semester of her college and will graduate with her Bachelor's degree in June and accomplished this while holding down a almost full time job and being an excellent mom to two of my beautiful granddaughters.  My youngest (who is my foster son) made such giant strides while a teen in mastering many of the difficulties foster kids face - now married and the daddy of another of my beautiful granddaughters he is enrolled in college and working towards his pilot's lisence. 

Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Like any parent, I never miss a chance to be proud of my son, my only child.  From the moment he was born, he's made me proud.  There were many times over the years when, believe me, he didn't make it easy.  But, there's the time when he was 5 yrs old - we were at a party & despite all the cookies & cake, he helped himself to a plate of fruit.  He has very light blonde hair.  One day we were in MacDonald's & an elderly couple asked, as everyone did, where he got his beautiful blonde hair.  His answer - "from God"!  The summer he had to go to summerschool for failing Math & Physics in high school,  & then got B+ in bothHis many medals won in martial arts competitions.  The way he was devoted to both his grandmothers.  And, like a previous Mom wrote, the day my Marine graduated from boot camp (in the honor platoon)  And his 5 yrs of distinguished active duty, including a "Meritorious Mast" commendation, & 2 deployments.  He is still making us proud - today he is a hardworking police officer, and a devoted husband & loving father.  And several times a week, he calls just to say hi & chat. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

So proud of both of my kids! Darrin chose to enter the Air Force after realizing  that college was not for him. When we went to his basic training graduation and saw the young man that he had become, I knew that he had made the right choice. Jami is finishing up her college career and will become that first member of our family with a degree. They are both the most amazing kids to me.

busygramma4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM

My oldest dd has given me many reasons to be proud. She has always done very well in school, gotten scholarships, made right decisions, graduated w/ a bachelor's degree & now works at George Mason U. She searched out the boy she had a crush on since she was in 5th grade and married him and had a family w/ him. But I think she made me the proudest when she had her 2nd child. She went to a birthing ctr. to have her. She was in labor for 7 hrs, pushed for 15 min., had her and then came home 3 hrs later. All she said about the experience was "I feel like I had an intense workout". The midwife said she was in control the whole time & they all knew when she was ready to deliver & that was that. Now I'm proud of the momma she is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)