Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

This is way random ...

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

In the springtime, when I go outside or have my door open, the cardinal (red bird) sings "Chee echo!  Chee echo!  Chee echo!  Dwight Dwight Dwight Dwight Dwight"  I bring this up, and I know it is random, but I just felt the need to share -  my mom is Japanese and one of her sisters is my Aunt Chieko.  That redbird sings her name every day during the spring and EVERY TIME I hear it, I am reminded of my Japanese aunts.

Aunt Chieko (yellow Tshirt), Aunt Chai-chan (pink Tshirt) my mom Kikue, and my aunt Miyako (blue T-shirt). July 2004.

I just don't have a clue who DWIGHT is.  LOL.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melissa632
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM
That's cool. I have a male & female cardinal couple that sit on my fence every day. They never sing to me though :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

What a fun thing!!!

My daughter would love to see a cardinal! She wanted to be one for Halloween one year!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quoting melissa632:

That's cool. I have a male & female cardinal couple that sit on my fence every day. They never sing to me though :-(

Oh I don't think that bird is singing "to" me per se.  But he does remind me of my aunts, which makes me smile.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Quoting LEK19:

What a fun thing!!!

My daughter would love to see a cardinal! She wanted to be one for Halloween one year!

for Halloween?  lol.  is the Cardinal a school mascot or something? 

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM
cool

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Now I think that is SO cool!!  And I LOVE the pics!!!!   They're all pretty!  Just like you.     :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting louannwilkins:

Now I think that is SO cool!!  And I LOVE the pics!!!!   They're all pretty!  Just like you.     :)

My aunt Chai-Chan is only 6 years older than me.  She was 5 years old when my mom left Japan after she married my dad.  My brother scanned a gazilliion of my dad's slides and here's a cute pic, circa 1957ish.

Mom in yellow with black polka-dot swim suit with her hands on my aunt Chai-Chan's shoulders, and Aunt Chieko, girl on bottom row.  I have no clue who the others are or where Aunt Miyako was that day.

EireLass
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I think Dwight is your crazy stalker neighbor.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Quoting EireLass:

I think Dwight is your crazy stalker neighbor.

No, crazy stalker neighbor is TOM.  lol.  THANK GOD I don't hear any birds chirping HIS name.  would make me want to puke. 

CoeyG
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I know what you mean about the "vocalizations" of birds.  There is one here that sings "Cheesburger" in the afternoons...damned thing makes me hungry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN