Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Mother's Day got me thinking this..

Posted by   + Show Post

What are some things that you KNOW you tried your best to teach your children, or to instill in your children?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bmat
by Barb on May. 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I taught them to speak respectfully to everyone.  To go to church.  To be honest.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 6, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Honesty, kindness, compassion, charity, hard work, empathy.

Life is often way to short so pick your battles wisely andfind something to laugh about even in the worst situations. 

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

backroadsmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I used to tell my kids (when they'd make me mad & God forgive my language)... "Assholes are a dime a dozen! If you took a barrel out to the street it would be full of them in 2 seconds! What this world needs is GOOD upstanding men & women!" 

jonnlilithsmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I taught my son that he's capable of anything he wants to accomplish, and to be responsible for his actions and the consequences of his actions.

I taught him never to start a fight, and to never be afraid to end one.

I taught him to defend himself, and those who are weaker, from those who would abuse thier strength

he's a good man, and I am proud... both of him, and of myself for creating and raising him well

Shellness
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I tell them the same. *prayers said daily!*

Quoting rosebud727:

When my girls were younger they fought like cats and dogs. I was really worried that this would be a problem and carry over as they grew older. I would tell them that at some point it may just be the two of you to hold each other up. I want you to cherish your relationship together. Don't grow apart.

Well, thankfully they did grow to have a wonderful sister relationship and lean on each other when they need to. I am very please and relieved they value, care and cherish each other.

busygramma4
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM

That life's too short, try to remember to pick your battles.
Treat others as you would want to be treated
Compassion.
Working hard for what you get, is always more satisfying
Being rich isn't always monetary
respect for others

wallmom1
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I feel like we teach them so many things everyday, but really the strenght of a person is in the strenght of their family.Be honest and trust worthy and respectful, to everyone. If someone is important to you they are important to me, friends and boyfriends will come and go, but we, your family, always here.  Just don't f*ing lie to me, then it is game over!!

stuswf
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM
🌈You are the soul owner of your choices!!!🌈

🌀How to clean a toilet & make a bed!! ( among other household duties)🌀

☀Be true to yourself & be who you are!! (instead of being someone, that someone else wants you to be)☀

✨To be polite & kind✨

💓Above all else, no matter what,
Mom will always be there for you!! (even if she's yelling).....💓

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Treat other people the way you want to be treated.  Always do your best.  When it comes down to it, you can only really rely on  yourself. 

my4kidsrock2
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Do what makes you happy but remember that you are the only one responsible for the decisions you make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)