Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My "baby" is in control! Update in blue

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

Shannon has run of the motel until Monday evening!  Her dad and stepmom left for Tyler, Tx to complete moving the rest of their stuff up to Littlefield, they left yesterday afternoon.  Yes she does have help if things get too crazy but she's the boss this weekend.  

That is quite something for her dad, she has really impressed him with her abiity and he actually for the first time since I can remember he has confidence in her abilities.  I am over the moon excited for her.  I know she can keep everything going smoothly.  I found out about it just a few minutes ago when I called her...

"I'm kinda busy mom I'm running the office this weekend, dad and Jenn won't be back until Monday evening.  Yeah I have help.  Anyway I'm working with a client right now, I'll call you back later this evening okay?  Love ya"  

Go Shannon!!!

I talked with Shannon a while ago about her weekend  She didn't get to call yesterday because she was going through all the sutff concerning the weekend with her dad.  She did very well, She did have to call in the other maintenance guy to unclog a toilet in one of the rooms (child tried to stuff a large wad of TP down the toilet) but that was the only "adventure" all weekend.  She got people checked in, checked out and no complaints.  She said that this is just the first step in her dad handing it all over to her in the future.  He told her that after she heals better and gets her driver's license he will be giving her the van, then she can come here, we can pack up the van and move me as well as the rest of her things and my girls down there.  

After the two weeks she is going to be taking over management of the entire motel.  Her dad will be there as "backup" but she is going to be the ultimate boss...am I proud?  Huh huh huh do ya think I'm proud?  LOL You betcha I am!

by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Awesome!  I'm so excited and happy for you!  What an awesome daughter you have!  I say, Way to go, Colleen!!!

gmadiane
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:26 PM

awesome, good for her!

Why123
by Nancy on May. 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Yay Shannon!

homeskoolmama
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM

WOO HOO Go Shannon!

Bmat
by Barb on May. 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM

You must be VERY proud!

tlcawley
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Awesome! Its great when family can trust one another and have the trust!! Congratulations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Very cool for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Sounds like she is doing a fantastic job! Congrats to her!

CoeyG
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Yes I am extremely proud of her because I knew she was more than capable.  Although she hates it I have always said that she has a knack for business.  I spoke with her a little while ago and everything has gone smoothly this evening.  

lisamarie1265
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Way to go to your daughter, good for her, that sounds like a lot of responsibility .... You must be incrediably proud, and it sounds like she loving her job as the boss. go Shannon!!, and to you I say good job mom..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)