Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I'm going to be rich!!!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

After much nagging from hubby and A last night, I wound up in the ER due to shortness of breath. My allergies were really bad on Monday and Tuesday, the rest of the week my allergies  bothered me but not any more than normal. On Thursday night I developed an irritating dry cough that made it difficult to sleep and started wheezing last night at work along with the cough. I have also pretty much completely lost my voice and would have severe coughing spells if I tried to speak.

At the ER, I was given a shot of steroids (never had them before and man did that hurt like hell!), two breathing treatments, and a chest x-ray. Sent home with  scripts for Z-pack, an inhaler (never had one of those either), and oral steroids along with a DX of acute bronchitis.

The breathing treatments left a very nasty, filmy, taste in my mouth and I comment on it to hubby. He looks at me and says, "Well it's medicine, it's supposed to be nasty tasting that is how you know it works. It's not gonna taste like bacon you know"

Thanks to that comment I have decided to find a way to make breathing treatments a lot more palatable...I will start with bacon flavored (I mean come on, who doesn't like bacon?) and branch out to other flavors like Margarita, chocolate, and apple pie. For the kiddies I will do fruit punch,  bubble gum, and cotton candy. 

What do you ladies think?

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
rojastarr
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM

good

EyEmTuRtLe
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I want in on this. I'd love to have an inhaler that tastes like bacon. LOL

CoeyG
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Quoting LadySaphira:

LOL funny you should mention your oxygyn..it came up in a cpnversation I was having with a friend of mine...long story short....I told the person I was talking to that if I attempted to try any type of sexual realations at this point in time I would probably have to beg you to borrow one of your tanks so I could breathe during the act.   LMAO

Quoting CoeyG:

LOL I have to use a nebulizer everyday.  I know what you mean about the taste but after awhile you don't notice it.  What I don't like is the fact that I get the shakes after and I have to use it at least twice a day.  The steroids are great for opening up your brocnials I have a corticoid steroid I have to take every evening and of course I have my regular inhaler I use four times a day...so welcome to my world...now all you need is the oxygen LOL.  

So would you be coming to get it or do I have to deliver it?  

GraceHudson
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Great idea

jurnee14
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Great idea! Go for it!

hugss
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Sounds like a good plan :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 7, 2012 at 12:09 AM

LOL  Well alright then.    :)

lisamarie1265
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:33 AM
I like your ideas haha I will buy your products I have to get breathing treatments at my immunologist and I hate them ... They help but leave me shaky and they taste awful.. I don't like bacon but I will take a hit of "cotton candy albuterol" any day LOL!! think my younger daughter would too, can you do something about our inhalers my Advair tastes icky and bec says hers tastes like dirt.... Good luck getting rich!!! Lol it is a good idea though.... Seriously
cupcake2424
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Being a retired ER nurse, it sounds like a great idea.  go for it before someone else hears you talking about it.  !  I wish you wealth : )

suesues
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM

drug store will put any flavor you want in kids liquid med here they beat you to it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)