Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a secret I just have to tell someone!!

Posted by   + Show Post

OMG, my DD asked me to keep a secret for the next 10 days I said O.K. before I knew what it was (of course I would she's my daughter, lol)  So now I have to tell someone and it can't be anyone in our family.  She told me she is pregnant!! this will be my first grand baby and I cant tell anyone!!!  She wants to wait until she goes to the Dr. and have it confirmed and have the ultrasound pic done before she tells anyone else, so I can't even tell my DH .  Needless to say, I am excited and have been secretly shopping already lol .  I haven't bought anything yet but will soon!  Only problem with all this is she still lives in Ky, and we now live in Fl.  I'll have to save to go back for the birth or I am still trying to get them to move here with us. Have been since we moved here now I don't know if they will or not because her DH makes pretty good money where they are and wont have a job here when they move. But I am hoping.  Oh, she said as far as she can tell, she thinks her due date will be

December 23 Ha Ha best fingers crossedChristmas present ever!!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Replies (21-27):
TiggerGrl772
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Medical intervention has changed a lot over the years though, as OP had said about being due on 25 of Dec but not giving birth til almost a month later, they don't allow that anymore...lol Luckily. I have 2 boys in their 20's, a teen boy and a 4 year old girl and man I'll tell you, their is a big difference. Back when I had my boys, they let you go on and on for weeks after the due date, but when I had my daughter....NO WAY, they induced 3 days before because fluid levels were low and when my two grandsons were born last year, they didn't let the baby stay in for longer than a couple of days past due date....just being careful. CONGRATS ON THE FIRST GRANDBABY and sure to spoil that little bundle.
raegan1221
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Awww CONGRATULATIONS!!! :). I'm a Dec 21st baby...it's fun having a bday right there! :)

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Congratulations!!!  That is so awesome.  Why don't YOU move to where she is?

tammy968
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:13 PM

congratulationswoohoo CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

momtolittleones
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Congratulations Grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best thing in the World!!!!! grandma

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

DixieL
by Dixie on May. 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Congratulations to the new Grandma I know it's hard to keep a secret when it's a happy one. We used to live in California My mom moved here to Vegas. She talked three out of her four daughters to move here with her. I didn't think she had a chance with my husband. I was so shocked that my husband finally gave in but he did lol We have been here since August 16,1991. Good Luck I hope you can talk them into moving by you so you can have your daughter and Grandbaby with you. Also your son-in-law. I'm very happy for you

tierneylv
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!  Grandkids are so much more perfect that our own children!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)