Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

An update from the scale!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM
  • 20 Replies

It's been 7 weeks now, and the scale says I'm down another 1.8 lbs, for a total of 13.4 lbs.!

I'm still wishing it would come of quicker, but I know slow and steady will win this!  It's still almost 2 lbs per week, so I know it's right there where it should be.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

YAY!!!  way to go Becky!!!

PS:  I'm not trying to change your current plan, but you might check out a High-Fat Low-Carb way of eating.  It has worked VERY well for me and, as a single woman, making dinner and lunch for myself can't get any easier!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!
slow & steady wins the race <g>
Keep up the great job you're doing :)

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Quoting suzeebloch:

YAY!!!  way to go Becky!!!

PS:  I'm not trying to change your current plan, but you might check out a High-Fat Low-Carb way of eating.  It has worked VERY well for me and, as a single woman, making dinner and lunch for myself can't get any easier!

Thanks, Ronna!

I might just check that out when I start to plateau.  In the past, that's when I get discouraged and quit, but when I've shaken it up by changing what I'm doing, I've been able to jump start it again.  I've actually been eating very low carb, but not intentionally eating high fat.  I'm just following the WW Points program to the best of my memory.  My major downfall is that I absolutely HATE exercising.  I did get on the stationery bike yesterday, though!!!

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Quoting hugss:

That's awesome!
slow & steady wins the race
Keep up the great job you're doing :)

Thank you!

Why123
by Nancy on May. 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Way to go.  You are making tremendous progress.  I am sure you will reach your goal.

homeskoolmama
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM

WOW go Becky!!

Are you exercising or just drastically cutting your eating?

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Quoting homeskoolmama:

WOW go Becky!!

Thanks, Dawn.  I hate exercising.  I know it's a crucial part of weight loss, and I'm trying to psych myself up for it, but ack!!!  I used to LOVE to go for 2 mile morning walks (4 miles on the weekends), but with the knee pain, I haven't done that in about 2 years.  I did get on the exercise bike last night, killed my knee at first, but I did it.  I set a goal last week of getting on the bike every day for a week, but didn't do it till yesterday, so that is my goal for this week.  Even if I only make it 5 minutes for starters, just to get myself on it daily is my goal.  I will work in some low impact aerobic dvd's soon, but not till I get consistent with the daily routine of the bike.

So far, all I've been doing is the WW original Points program, to the best of my memory and what I can find online.  There are days that I go over the maximum points, but quite honestly, on those days, I'm still eating less throughout the course of the day than I was 8 weeks ago.  

You've seen my facebook updates - I've been trying new recipes like crazy lately.  And most of them have been very tasty (although I know you don't like curry!!!!).  That's part of my success - I was totally bored with cooking for just me, but to be tryig so many new ones, and such good ones at that, has really got me excited about watching what I'm eating!  I've also been making sure to get a lot of water (most days are the recommended 8 cups, some days more, some days a little bit less - again, still more than I was 8 weeks ago).  I last soda I had was on March 27, and I don't miss it at all, surprisingly to me!  I've been eating more fresh fruits and lots and lots of veggies!!!

Some days it's hard, I just want to sit down and eat that pint of Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream.  Well, actually, I DID do that once.  And I still lost weight that week.  Because overall I'm eating so much better that I was, to indulge every now and then is okay, and I don't feel like I'm being deprived of anything. 

gmadiane
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM

awesome

homeskoolmama
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Good for you! That's awesome!!

I love to cook and do so everyday. I cut out soda,tea,coffee, bread and fried foods back in November. That is how I dropped the first 30 lbs. oh and sugar. But I am slowly failing. :(

sweets are my downfall. dh has been on an ice cream fix lately. sigh....

I have lost some more weight, another 7 lbs.

I walk around outside and every now and then jump on the FasTrac but just don't have the energy to do it most days, not by the time I do laundry, straighten up the house, feed all the animals and such.

Oh and the curry has jump started your motabalism and you are burning more calories. I can't eat it. Wish I could. I like the flavor.

I also cut out eating rice and pasta every day. Now I am down to a few times a week instead.

Keep it up!! You're doing great and who knows, after a few lbs down, maybe your knee pain will ease up, the doctors like to tell us our pains are from our weight, let's see! haha I know mine aren't but whatever. Frustrates me. The fat doctor with a bowl on candy on his desk giving me a speech about weight! sheez

oppss sorry, soap box

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting homeskoolmama:

WOW go Becky!!

Thanks, Dawn.  I hate exercising.  I know it's a crucial part of weight loss, and I'm trying to psych myself up for it, but ack!!!  I used to LOVE to go for 2 mile morning walks (4 miles on the weekends), but with the knee pain, I haven't done that in about 2 years.  I did get on the exercise bike last night, killed my knee at first, but I did it.  I set a goal last week of getting on the bike every day for a week, but didn't do it till yesterday, so that is my goal for this week.  Even if I only make it 5 minutes for starters, just to get myself on it daily is my goal.  I will work in some low impact aerobic dvd's soon, but not till I get consistent with the daily routine of the bike.

So far, all I've been doing is the WW original Points program, to the best of my memory and what I can find online.  There are days that I go over the maximum points, but quite honestly, on those days, I'm still eating less throughout the course of the day than I was 8 weeks ago.  

You've seen my facebook updates - I've been trying new recipes like crazy lately.  And most of them have been very tasty (although I know you don't like curry!!!!).  That's part of my success - I was totally bored with cooking for just me, but to be tryig so many new ones, and such good ones at that, has really got me excited about watching what I'm eating!  I've also been making sure to get a lot of water (most days are the recommended 8 cups, some days more, some days a little bit less - again, still more than I was 8 weeks ago).  I last soda I had was on March 27, and I don't miss it at all, surprisingly to me!  I've been eating more fresh fruits and lots and lots of veggies!!!

Some days it's hard, I just want to sit down and eat that pint of Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream.  Well, actually, I DID do that once.  And I still lost weight that week.  Because overall I'm eating so much better that I was, to indulge every now and then is okay, and I don't feel like I'm being deprived of anything. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Great job!!  I admire you for being able to do the points system, I am not nearly disciplined enough for that and wind up cheating.  I lost a bunch of weight on the original WW diet way back when the rules were eat this, (fish 5 times a week, etc.) and don't eat that.  For some reason I can follow a very strict diet but not one that allows me to make choices.  Keep up the good work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN