Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

He's getting his heart!! UPDATE!!! in comments!

Posted by   + Show Post

My nephew Jason aka "Little Man" was taken up to Children's hospital last night to get his new heart last night (5-6-12) Im sending this email to all of you and Im asking everyone to keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. He is 6 years old and has been in and out of the hospital since he was born. He is the best little boy. He is always smiling and happy despite going thru surgeries and illnesses his entire life. I would also like to ask you to pray for the family who so unselfishly donated their child's heart so that another child could live. I thank you in advance for your prayers.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
lostosbourne
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Thank you Mamas! I talked to Little Man's daddy David last night and he said he is doing very well and that they are going to try to close his chest today. He will continue to be heavily sedated for at least a week. He will be in the hospital about 2 months recovering. David and Jennifer wanted me to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. They sure are helping. Little Man is doing better then expected. They also said the next few weeks will be critical so please keep the good thoughts and prayers coming.

lostosbourne
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM

This next one is from his 6th b-day last year. He was trying to hold up 6 fingers lol
he's my little buddy. I love this little guy so much!
Bmat
by Barb on May. 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Thank you for the pictures. What a sweetie.

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

What a little cutie! I hope his recovery is speedy, so he can get on with being an active little boy.

lostosbourne
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Thank you Mamas for all of your kindness. Little Man continues to do amazingly well. He was taken off 2 of the meds and were able to close his chest. The docs are very pleased with his progress. All of your thoughts and prayers mean so much!

Mariedchk
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM
2 moms liked this
So glad he is doing well! I will keep praying for him! I am the parent of a donor, my son died at the age of 22, we were unable to donate any of his major organs, but we're able to do skin and tissue,tendons, eyes, and some others. This was a very easy decision to make, knowing that Andy could make a difference in someone else's life,
he has, many. We have actually heard from one recipient and I am eager to get the mail daily in hopes of another letter! Please encourage the family to reach out to the donor family, even if it is just a note of thanks, with some info about their sons recovery! I know it would mean so much to them to know in their loss, someone could be saved.
lostosbourne
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

ok good update for the day! Little Man has been taken off the pacers for his heart and they have taken him off the meds that were keeping him paralyzed. They are letting him wake up a bit. They also took him off 7 IV's and he is starting to get just a very small amount of Pediasure every few hours to get his tummy moving again. Today they are going to hopefully going to take the chest tubes and drainage tubes out. He continues to amaze everyone every day. Not only is he a strong little warrior but he has everyone praying for him. Have a great day everyone! I know I will!

~~Audi aka The Lost Osbourne~~

BannerElkHogans
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Sending prayer's ,love an postive energy to your Entire Family!!!!

homeskoolmama
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM

AMEN!! So glad to hear he is doing so well. Kids are real troopers!

What an adorable little guy and what a blessing that someone gave up their childs heart to save him. Blessings to that family and litte mans as well.

Keep us updated!!

sonogal
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Wonderful news! Prayers he continues to do so well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)