Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I woke up in the middle of the night with my knee hurting.  It was bad enough to wake me up.  It hurts on the inside of my leg at the knee.  Any ideas?  I didn't twist it or anything that I can think of.  I think I would remember something like that.  I just know someone here will have some ideas and the dr is probably out of the question since I don't have insurance.  Thanks ladies.      :)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (11-19):
homeskoolmama
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Could it be strain from walking in the sand on the beach.? that takes a lot of muscle movements/control that are not normal from plain walking.

Also, potassium. Eat bananas each day.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I had surgery on my knee a few years ago- the meniscus was damaged. The doctor removed the outside one and part of the inside, then I got physical therapy and now my knees don't hurt at all. But when the pain started I couldn't sleep because of the pain or even lift my knee. To depress the brake pedal in the car, I had to lift my knee with my hands and press down on my leg.  What you are experiencing could be several problems.  Try icing the knee any time you use if for very long (only about 15 minutes of ice at a time, and don't let ice touch the skin.)

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Thanks Dawn.  I also woke up last night with bad leg and foot cramps.  I haven't had those since I was pregnant!  LOL  Amber told me I probably need some potassium too.  The sand could have done it I guess.  It wasn't as easy walking on it for sure.  I COULD just be getting OLD too!!  LOL LOL LOL

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Could it be strain from walking in the sand on the beach.? that takes a lot of muscle movements/control that are not normal from plain walking.

Also, potassium. Eat bananas each day.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Thank you.  I will try the ice tonight.  :)

I'm glad your knees dont bother you now!

Quoting Bmat:

I had surgery on my knee a few years ago- the meniscus was damaged. The doctor removed the outside one and part of the inside, then I got physical therapy and now my knees don't hurt at all. But when the pain started I couldn't sleep because of the pain or even lift my knee. To depress the brake pedal in the car, I had to lift my knee with my hands and press down on my leg.  What you are experiencing could be several problems.  Try icing the knee any time you use if for very long (only about 15 minutes of ice at a time, and don't let ice touch the skin.)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Yes, and the shots only helped in one foot.
Is your knee better?

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting momma-t42:

Hope your knee feels better soon.. I just had a cortisone shot in the heels of each of my feet last week they were hurting so bad.

Do you have heel spurs?  Ouch!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on May. 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Overall, my knee is better.  Weight loss and lots of water and those exercises are all factors, I'm sure.  I still have bad days, and there's still pain all the time, but not nearly as intense. 

Quoting momma-t42:

Yes, and the shots only helped in one foot.
Is your knee better?

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting momma-t42:

Hope your knee feels better soon.. I just had a cortisone shot in the heels of each of my feet last week they were hurting so bad.

Do you have heel spurs?  Ouch!

Bmat
by Barb on May. 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Something that frequently helps is changing shoes or putting extra insoles in shoes.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I know how frustrating that is.   I have had 3 knee surgeries.      One thing that truely helped me with the pain is called Bio-Freeze.    I suggest the roll on.  You can find them at most Chripractic offices.   They run  around $12.00 per bottle and are so worth it.  

It could be a number of things.    It could be a strain or  an inflamation or something else.     To try and narrow down what is going on,  be aware of exactly what you are doing when it hurts.  Is it when the leg is straight, while walking , bending etc.     Then the best thing to do is to support and isolate the problem area the best you can.   It takes awhile to heal even if it is a slight injury or strain.     

Good Luck.   

Shellness
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Probably more of the "growing older gracefully" crap :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN