Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Moms to Kids over twenty one

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a question for you moms that have kids that are 21 and over and still live at home.  It seems to me that dd is causing more aggravation now then when she did when she was in high school and college.  I give her kudos for graduating school and have a full time job but there seems to be something off.  There was an instance this morning with one of her younger sisters  and she went off on them for something that was her responsibilty. She has known about this for a couple of months and waited to the last minute.  Needless to say she played the blame game.  Which of course was bounced back in her face. So what I am wondering is anyone or has anyone been thru this and what did you do to stay sane!!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

It's good that she has a full time job. But, if they're just arguing, I'd ignore it. Simply put, pick your battles!

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, Pick your battles. And if it continues to be a problem, help her find an apartment.

Quoting Mariagma3:

It's good that she has a full time job. But, if they're just arguing, I'd ignore it. Simply put, pick your battles!

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM

well said....

Quoting nana9106:

Yup, Pick your battles. And if it continues to be a problem, help her find an apartment.

Quoting Mariagma3:

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

How old is she?  She may be needing to have her own "home".

CoeyG
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

One of the perks of having an only  child LOL...no sibling arguing.  

LeJane
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM
There will always be sibling drama. The best thing is to set a good example yourself and not get involved in the petty drama. :-)
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:07 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I agree .. pick your battles :)

Quoting nana9106:

Quoting Mariagma3:

homeskoolmama
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I'd have a talk with her and remind her she is an adult and should act like one. If she can't do her part and be responsible, thinks she is above helping or whatever the problem is, she can find her own place and figure it all out on her own. Sounds like she needs a reality check.

I'm not saying argue or fight battles for others, we never allowed battles with our kids. They get along and that is that.

PuppetDani
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I agree pick your battles.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I told my sons early on that they had to handle their own arguments. Sometimes siblings squabble, I have a theory that it is part of what the species does. It does sound as though the older daughter may need her own place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN