Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What do YOU do for Mothers Day?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you have a Mothers Day tradition?

Do you do something special with YOUR mom?

Do your kids do something special for you?

I usually sleep in, my DH will make me breakfast , my DS will call me usually (since he is out of state) and my DD will take me to dinner.

I have always gotten my mom flowers and chocolates.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kam013
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM

We usually go visit my DH's Mom the day before and used to visit my Mom on Mother's Day with my sisters.  Since my parents moved out of state, we have just been staying here.  

We have a standing tradition for all "special days" (birthdays & Mom's/Dad's day) that the "special" person gets to decide on the meal.  For the most part the decision is to order in (although we have gone out as well) and we all watch a movie together.  

This is the first year that my DD is not living at home (besides college) and is a Mom herself, so I'm not exactly sure what the day will entail.  I want her to be able to enjoy her Mom's Day too, without having to run all over creation, so we shall see.

EireLass
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Nothing planned this year.

We just ordered a bouquet to be delivered to Dan's Mom.

My Mom passed abut 12 years ago.

My kids live far, so they won't be visiting.

gmadiane
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM

my kids are grown and my own mother passed when I was little so no big plans for me

CoeyG
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I don't do anything for Mother's day.  My maternal unit is no longer alive and I don't have a mother in law.  

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Only one of my kids will be here - my daughter and her family.  I will get beautiful floral arrangements from my sons.  I think the plan looks like we will do a brunch as my DD and family will have to leave early in the afternoon as it is a 6 hour trip home for them.  She and I will do a mother-daughter lunch on Saturday and the rest of the time we will just enjoy having them here.  Both my mother and MIL have passed away so I send flowers to their graves.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I spend it with my mom but we don't have any traditions or anything like that.  Amber is usually doing something with us too although it would be on Sat since she works a 24 hour shift on Sundays.

Rileyscute
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

My husband buys me a 5lb bag of haribo raspberries..every...damn...year..

The kids eat most of them..lol

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM

As a family, we all decided years ago just to exchange cards on birthdays, holidays, mothers and fathers day.  My parents, brother and kids know I'm on a tight budget  Usually I get a nice card and go over and see my Mom on mother's day.  Mom doesn't wear perfume, or makeup or jewelry.  She's Japanese and has a hard time reading English.  So right there my choices are VERY LIMITED! lol.  And she has so much $$ she goes out and gets whatever she wants whenever she wants.  I have always had a hard time picking out gifts for her and when we all collectively decided to forego gifts, I breathed a sigh of relief.   My dad, however, I can always find something to buy him!  But I have to play fair so I stick by the rules, plus Mom has always been jealous that I'm a "daddy's girl".  Don't even get me started!  lol.

When I was married I always had to pick out gifts for my mother in law (mother's day, birthday, christmas).  She never liked me, either, so that made it doubly hard.  Glad I don't have to do that any more!

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM

My mom died over 20 yrs ago :(   My dh's mom isn't alive either.  We don't have a tradition.  This year my dh works so my youngest dd and I are going to our favorite restaurant, Fazolis.  We'll see if there is a movie we want to see at the second run theater... 

LeJane
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM

This year will be pretty quiet.      My kids are all grown.  I will just keep breathing  and enjoying another day.    We will make some phone calls to mine and S/Os mothers as well as my DD who is a mother for the 1st time this year.   :-)    All presents are delivered, ordered or on the way already.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)