Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I picked the wrong profession

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a family member that is in some legal trouble, more than a speeding ticket less than murder, lol, anyway not making any excused but what he did really not that bad, so he calls an attorney and they tell him $15,000, and they guarantee to get the charges dismissed but if they dont its another $5,000, first of all if you guarantee then there should not be a chance of another $5000, right. $15,000, that is more than some people make in a year, wow, just keep thinking I picked the wrong profession. 

by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Replies (11-16):
gmadiane
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Quoting Bmat:

Good grief!  I had no idea. No wonder the attorneys on TV are wealthy.

I was shocked, I knew they were expensive but good god

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I hope this lawyer is worth the money.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I had planned on going to law school once upon a time.  It was the reason for the political science degree.  I don't think I'll ever get there now.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Not me,   unfortunately I went through a few different legal issues.    I would never want to spend my life in the insanity and politacal world of practicing Law.   

busygramma4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah it seems a lawyer has you over a barrel no matter what you need them for these days. Even for just a simple will.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Lawyers first do an undergraduate degree, and then law school, then a year of articling before they can set up practise, or get hired in a law firm.  They work very long hours, including weekends and evenings.  Criminal defense attorneys  get rich because people need them, due to the huge numbers of criminal acts committed every day.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)