Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Today our family lost an angel

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am deeply saddened, I need to share...my cousins young daughter passed away today, Samantha or Sammy was 13, Sam was born with a rare palsy I apologize the name slips my mind. Sam suffered yet prevailed at the same time, she couldn't walk but thru therapy and determination she was gaining strength in her legs, she even had special crutches. She could only speak a few words, her favorite word her uncle Paul taught her was "cool"... All 5 of our cousins live in Florida and we my bothers and I and them are very close as we all grew up here in Ohio as kids until they moved down in 1980. My mom and her two sisters are very close, and my mother and aunt sue are devastated over the news and that they can't be there to be with their sister my aunt threase Sammy's grandma... My brother David and I will be going down tommorow afternoon to represent the family up here. Sam will be laid to rest on Saturday ... My heart is broken I loved Sam so much ... When I went down there alone and met her for the first time she was 3 I fell in love with her.. I would cuddle her and rock her ..omg this is so hard, when we were down last year she was in her wheelchair showing us how she could control it, she high fived everyone, always smiled seemed like no matter what... She could even swim with assistance in thier pool. She was everyone's inspiration a real living doll..she loved hugs and kisses. She will be so dearly missed.. I must go as I have been crying all day, I need some sleep .. Thank you ladies for listening. Sammy is in heaven where no more disease can cause her grief, no more nasty uti's can cause her pain, no more wheelchairs..or crutches, no more tube feed..just peace ...fly on my sweet angel fly on... Rest in peace darling...your in the arms of angels now... We here on earth will watch over your mommy and daddy you needn't worry... We will remember you for your big smile, your insistence on always wearing your piggy tails in your hair, for your strength and determination even when it hurt.. Your loving hugs and big kisses.... Even though we are all sad we thank god we had you for 13 years...but god has other plans for you little bit, so we will meet again some day...your loved.. You will be missed...Fly on now and rest with the lord.
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 10, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I am sorry for your loss.

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 10, 2012 at 7:37 AM
So sorry for your loss. Stay strong in your faith. My prayers are with you and your family (((HUGS)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, hugs

Why123
by Nancy on May. 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

So sorry for your loss,
Will keep you all in my thoughts & prayers.

terri-553
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I am so sorry for your lost.May she RIP.

homeskoolmama
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I am so sorry for your loss and will be praying for the trip and the family. Peace to you and comfort for all. She sounds like a special girl who touched many.

GraceHudson
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:15 PM
So sorry

cafe_mommy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM

So sorry for your loss.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Sorry for you and your family's loss. It sounds as if she had made a difference in many people's lives and will be fondly remembered.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN