Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Care Packages .. have you/do you send them to your AK (s) ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Care Packages .. have you/do you send them to your AK (s) ?

Options:

Yes of course .. please share

It depends .. on what?

No .. why not ?

Other .. please share

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
BannerElkHogans
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I send 2 a month ,my 3 sister's an 3 brother's send package's as well, an my gran parent's send them all as well..........we send all the boxes to the guy's in our Brother's Unit so we make sure all the guys get picture's of home, everyday necessities, an some treat's from home...........an we send pre-paid phone card's an or video game's, sun screen,stamps,pens an paper , hope it inspires someone else to send a package to a soldier!

sonogal
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I always include something for DS when I send small fun stuff to GD.  I like to send her packages every 2-3 weeks.

sonogal
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM

My Airman comes home every few weeks and I send things back with him to share with his friends.

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

I send 2 a month ,my 3 sister's an 3 brother's send package's as well, an my gran parent's send them all as well..........we send all the boxes to the guy's in our Brother's Unit so we make sure all the guys get picture's of home, everyday necessities, an some treat's from home...........an we send pre-paid phone card's an or video game's, sun screen,stamps,pens an paper , hope it inspires someone else to send a package to a soldier!

~ Julie ~

Elle.tea.22
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I doNt have adult kids, I am the duly kid :P in the military and eeeevery month my mom sends puerto rican coffee over. <3
PuppetDani
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:54 AM

My kids were less needy as babies then they are as adults

lauriebash
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I am still compelled to buy things for him. He moved out last July and has done A LOT of growing up for a 19yo. His gf (of 2 years) moved in with him in February, so she takes good care of him.

They used to come home every weekend to do laundry. They are about 35 minutes away, so it was nice to see them. Now that they both have good jobs and a new kitten, we don't see them as much. Heck, they make more money than we do!

When walking through the store, I will often see something that Michael likes and pick it up for him. I don't think I will ever stop doing that. We have a few things locally that they don't have readily available where they are, so they look at it as a treat. Plus, I have to get things for my new grand-kitten. :)

He will be home this weekend, to go fishing with some friends, so he will take a bag of goodies with him. God, I miss him.

BannerElkHogans
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM

well with my brother having 7 sibling's an aunt's an uncle's their are over 500 people on my dad's side an we feel we gotta do something.......so our entire family gets together during the week an we make about 50 to 60 packages an send them all over to ...Afghanistan an if there are to many my little brother just passes them out an theirs more then enough to go around! your lucky your hubby is not on active deployment- my brother is 25 an on his 3 tour ....he's also been deployed this time the longest (18 months) so to all of us it feels like he's been gone forever......he gets back state side in 2 weeks so i am so freaking excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:15 AM

LOL .. That is great though you get things to restock her up with :)

Quoting rosebud727:

I keep dropping her off at that college and she keeps coming home!

Seriously,  I buy stuff when she comes home to get her restocked.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Aww that is so neat you all do that for them,
Am sure they love it all :)

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

hugss

by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I think that is wonderful!  Am sure they love it all :)

Quoting sonogal:

I always include something for DS when I send small fun stuff to GD.  I like to send her packages every 2-3 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)