Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Friends

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM
  • 46 Replies

DO you have friends that you hang out with, go have coffee with, do "girl" stuff?

Does your dh have friends he hangs out with ? Golfing, cards, whatever?

Do you have couples that you hang out with? 

If you answer no to any of these, do you wish it was yes?

by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by Darlene on May. 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I answered NO to all of the questions :-(

The only person i get to do girl stuff with is my DD...Thats fine, but I do wish that I had someone my age to hang out with.

homeskoolmama
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM

My friends are all online. I have 1 local friend but her work, grown kids and grandkids take up all her time and energy. IF I get to see her once a month that is doing good. I have a couple of ladies that live with 45 mintues of me that I used to be close to, but their lives are too busy now. 

dh has no friends.

All our couples friends have moved or just fallen away.

Quoting nana9106:

The only person i get to do girl stuff with is my DD...Thats fine, but I do wish that I had someone my age to hang out with.

homeskoolmama
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Glad that your dd is a friend. At least you are not alone and have someone to talk to.

Quoting nana9106:

EireLass
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Yes. But they live 1 hour away. These are longtime friends.

We just moved in December, so we're slowly making friends here.

homeskoolmama
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Better to have friends that you see on occassion than none at all.

How is the move? Is everything done? unpacked, decorated and such?

Quoting EireLass:

Yes. But they live 1 hour away. These are longtime friends.

We just moved in December, so we're slowly making friends here.

EireLass
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM

This is my oldest friend. We've known each other for 50 years!! We have seen each other through every stage of our lives.

The move....the 1st floor is completely done over. The 2nd floor, all new flooring, new bath. I haven't done anything with the 3 bedrooms walls yet. That'll be next winter's project. The basement is 1/2 finished, and that'll be last, right now it's the office and weight room, laundry room, etc.

Good weather means working outside. Finding out what has been planted around here, etc.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Better to have friends that you see on occassion than none at all.

How is the move? Is everything done? unpacked, decorated and such?

Quoting EireLass:

Yes. But they live 1 hour away. These are longtime friends. We just moved in December, so we're slowly making friends here.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Yes to all.  I have a group of lady friends who I get together with for lunch, for shopping and sometimes just to coffee and gab with.  My hubby (and this man never met a stranger) goes fishing with several friends, or gets together with various friends to either lend a hand or get a hand with some project or another and then we have friends who we do dinners with, play cards with and belong to a monthly pinochle night.  And all of these things involve the same people. 

Why123
by Nancy on May. 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I have a few friends that I like to spend time with but they are faculty and our time has to be scheduled areound when they are teaching and what demands they have from their families.  Usually I just hang out with my son and his family.

kam013
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Yes to all of the questions.  

I have a group of former Soccer Moms whose daughters are my DD's best friends.  We have been friends since the girls were about 8 years old, they are now 21.  We have lunch, coffee, dinner, whathaveyou.  One of them in particular I spend more time with only because we are both more athletic and we play tennis together several times a week.  

The husbands of the above ladies are also my DH's best friends.  They go to occasional hockey games, soccer games that sort of thing.  The DH of the woman I play tennis with is my DH's tennis partner as well.

We also all get together frequently as a group for drinks, dinner, or to go out.  When the weather is warmer we rotate houses and have Friday Night Fires every weekend.

I also have another group of friends from high school that I have known since we were 5 years old.  I don't see them as often, but we try to do lunch or dinner at least once a month.

allforedwards
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM
I wish I had some one my age too.

Quoting nana9106:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN