Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

DO you have friends that you hang out with, go have coffee with, do "girl" stuff?

Does your dh have friends he hangs out with ? Golfing, cards, whatever?

Do you have couples that you hang out with? 

If you answer no to any of these, do you wish it was yes?

by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Replies (41-46):
Cher53
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Hello I posted yes, Gloria is down today from the cities my bestie and I are making cupcake bouquets for our dd they have been friends since 7th grade. Our dh are both td and they are out in the garage doing what they do best as guys do (A Mess) that is fine I only park in there clean it ish. Happy Mother's day to you and your dd be glad you are not alone..Cher.

homeskoolmama
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I feel that way sometimes, but there is nothing wrong with you. People are too busy these days and focus to much on self to take time to let other people in. HUGS

Quoting busygramma4:

Yes I do miss it. sometimes I think there's something wrong w/ me/us. Or that I just don't "fit" in  w/ various groups of people. and that leads me to feel bery lonely. 

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Is it me or do you miss it? Are you lonely? I know I am , I go through periods of severe loneliness and other times I'm ok with it. Do you?

Quoting busygramma4:

No I don't get together w/ friends. It seems the friends I would get together w/ are all back home in Buffalo. I have friends but we don't go out & then my others are online.
Same w/ hubby
No we don't have couples to go out w/

homeskoolmama
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Very strange how one little misunderstanding can cause someone to throw away a long term relationship. Sad really

Quoting berrywaffles:

I lost a really good friend once because she thought I said something bad about her weight. I would never hurt her.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

I had a freind D for over 20 years and last year there was misunderstanding, no matter what I have said or tried she will not respond. I have no idea why you would throw away a friendship that has last that long. Sad

Quoting Bmat:

I lost a longtime friendship a couple years ago. We had gotten together as individuals and couples for many years, went on vacations together every year. And all the sudden she lost interest, as far as I can tell. I called her three times asking if all was well and if I did something wrong. She says not, that she is just busy, but this doesn't seem right. Anyway, I guess she has taken her own road now, although I miss getting together with both her and as couples.

jamaica96
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

For the most part I would answer no to all of these.  I don't have any real friends anymore.  My husband doesn't hang out with anyone anymore.  As for couples to hang out with we have all drifted our separate ways.  My friends in the past have been more into hanging out at bars than being parents.  We stopped hanging out with many people because our ideas of parenting and what is acceptable behavior around the kids was way different.  We have tried to make new couple friends but it seems everyone is so busy with their own lives that it just never works out.  It does feel lonely and there are many times that I wish I had a friend to call for whatever reason.  I spend alot of time with my husband or doing things by myself. 

Bmat
by Barb on May. 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I was lucky that when my children were little that there were several other children in the neighborhood the same age, and their moms and I got together every week for coffee and playtime for the younger children. We have recently started getting together again once a month for "playgroup without kids."

Shellness
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I don't have any girlfriends that I go out and do things with though I am making friends at work now. My husband has a couple good friends he hangs out with almost everyday a couple doors down from us at the machine shop!

No couples.

I'm ok with how I am. My husband and children are my main friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN