Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Could You or Have You Had A Relationship With Someone of a Different Political Party.

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM
  • 20 Replies

Embattled Wife Hits Her Hubby With a Car So She Can Rock the Vote

Posted by Janelle Harris

Jeffrey Radle is married, but he’s crazy about someone else besides his wife, Amanda. It’s not even another woman—it’s another man (cue the theatrical soap opera music). Apparently, Jeff is a huge supporter of Wisconsin governor Scott Walker. So much so that as Mrs. Radle was saddling up to vote for another candidate in the state’s Republican primary, he stood in front of her car as she tried to pull out of the driveway.

But the missus had moxie to match her hub’s passion, and she was undeterred. She simply tugged the steering wheel in the other direction and tried to drive around him. Radle, however, was so serious about his cause that the man swan dove in front of her car and, in the process, injured his fool head, neck, and back. Then she, in all of her crazy lady-ness, nudged him with the bumper several times. What a scene.

We’ve all heard stories about spouses jumping in front of cars to keep them from driving off to a not-so-secret rendezvous, maybe even from leaving the marriage altogether, but for political allegiance? On the flip side, plowing your life partner down en route to declare your support for a Democratic candidate hardly seems like good enough reason.

Clearly, the couple had preexisting issues. There’s no doubt about it. I mean, it could’ve been a dish towel or a soggy newspaper, whatever. Anything was liable to set off that relationship powder keg.

No charges have been filed yet—key word: yet—but police say if a complaint is lobbied by Mr. Radle, the lady of the house might find herself in the slammer. Still, he can take comfort in knowing that his personal sacrifice was not for nothing. His guy Gov. Walker breezed through the primary and his wife’s Democrat candidate had to chalk it up, at least until another election. I guess we’ll have to keep a closer eye on Wisconsin politics this year. Real Housewives whatever. The folks in the W.I. are bringing that drama and then some.

Could you be with someone who wasn’t part of your same political party?

by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Wow that is crazy. My moms whole family is of a different political party, but I love them and visit. We just don't talk politics. We will never agree and instead of arguing we don't discuss it.

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Thats Crazyness!

rojastarr
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Didn't think it was an issue...both husbands were of a different political party....

gmadiane
by on May. 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I am not that political and I dont push my opinions on others and I could be with someone who had different views but not someone that fanatical

Why123
by Nancy on May. 11, 2012 at 12:42 PM

It wasn't an issue.  Besides nobody tells me how to vote.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Honestly, yes it would be an issue. It would mean that our core beliefs differ. If our core believes are so different, it would make a relationship more difficult than it needs to be. I could not be in a long term or commited relationship with someone who core values were so different from mine. Can we be opposites in every other way...absolutely, but core believes have to at least be similiar.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 11, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Of course.

CoeyG
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I was married to a man with different political aspersions than myself.  We were married for over 20 years.  His political aspersions were his as an individual.  We are all individuals.  

Bmat
by Barb on May. 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Discussing different political issues is an interesting part of a relationship.

busygramma4
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Yes of course i can be w/ someone of a different political party. That's the least of my concerns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)