Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

This model looks anorexic

Posted by   + Show Post

The model in this ad struck me as one I've seen before, and I believe it is on the Amazon site, and she seemed odd there, too. I looked a couple times to figure out what seems "off" about her, and I believe she looks anorexic. Something doesn't look right about her legs, especially her left leg.  Anyway,  the subject of anorexia came up in a Boston Legal episode I watched a couple days ago. It troubles me if our daughters think this is the ideal of beauty.

by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Replies (11-17):
kmh4girls
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Quoting Why123:

She is probably even skinnier in real life because they say a camera adds pounds.  I also think that it is sad that the ideal woman should be so thin.  It seems to me that I read that there was some magazine that has refused to use ultra skinny models any more.  That could be a good thing.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM

being that skinny is just gross looking IMO

Bmat
by Barb on May. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I saw a terribly thin teen a while back in the shopping mall. She was with two regular sized teens.  At first I thought oh no, poor kid is anorexic, then I realized she might have been recovering or suffering from an illness, which made me even sadder.

gmadiane
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

the pic is most likely photo shopped, but she is very thin

LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM

The fashion and modeling industry is living in its own fantasy world. Too bad so many girls and women suffer because of it.

Shellness
by Michell on May. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM

She's a skinny girl, though that probably has nothing to do with anorexia. My oldest dd is a skinny girl too.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Thank you for another comment.  It isn't lack of muscle tone, then, in the model?

Quoting Shellness:

She's a skinny girl, though that probably has nothing to do with anorexia. My oldest dd is a skinny girl too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)