Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

This model looks anorexic

Posted by   + Show Post

The model in this ad struck me as one I've seen before, and I believe it is on the Amazon site, and she seemed odd there, too. I looked a couple times to figure out what seems "off" about her, and I believe she looks anorexic. Something doesn't look right about her legs, especially her left leg.  Anyway,  the subject of anorexia came up in a Boston Legal episode I watched a couple days ago. It troubles me if our daughters think this is the ideal of beauty.

by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Replies (11-17):
kmh4girls
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Quoting Why123:

She is probably even skinnier in real life because they say a camera adds pounds.  I also think that it is sad that the ideal woman should be so thin.  It seems to me that I read that there was some magazine that has refused to use ultra skinny models any more.  That could be a good thing.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM

being that skinny is just gross looking IMO

Bmat
by Barb on May. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I saw a terribly thin teen a while back in the shopping mall. She was with two regular sized teens.  At first I thought oh no, poor kid is anorexic, then I realized she might have been recovering or suffering from an illness, which made me even sadder.

gmadiane
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

the pic is most likely photo shopped, but she is very thin

LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM

The fashion and modeling industry is living in its own fantasy world. Too bad so many girls and women suffer because of it.

Shellness
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM

She's a skinny girl, though that probably has nothing to do with anorexia. My oldest dd is a skinny girl too.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Thank you for another comment.  It isn't lack of muscle tone, then, in the model?

Quoting Shellness:

She's a skinny girl, though that probably has nothing to do with anorexia. My oldest dd is a skinny girl too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)