Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How do you feel about

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
  • 30 Replies

E-readers?  Do you have one?  Do you love it?  Do you hate it?  Do you prefer the feel of a real book in your hands?

by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a kindle fire and I love it because there are so many free books I can get and I love to read. I do still prefer the feel of a ral book though ..especialy wheen I want to soak in the tub and relax. (Books will dry and still be readable if you drop them in the tub..I doubt an e-reader would LOL)

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I would love to have an e-reader, but I don't feel like I read enough to justify getting one.  I've never had the opportunity to use one, though, and I'd really like to, just to see what it's like. 

Why123
by Nancy on May. 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I have a Kindle Fire.  I thought I might read a lot on it.  I bought Hunger Games and downloaded it.  Have I read it - no.  Will I read it - maybe.  I still like the feel of a real book in my hands and I have a lot of books I can read.  It has proved quite useful for keeping the 5 year old occupied in the doctor's office waiting room though.

homeskoolmama
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I don't have one but would like to have one.

CoeyG
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM

No I don't have one, I would like one though.  When I get to where I can afford one I'll get one.  Between having to carry extra O2 tanks, water, keys, wallet and other of my health needs a these are much easier to carry around than a books would be.

kam013
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I was a die-hard, give me a real book kinda person.  I read A LOT and my favorite past time was heading to the bookstore, I could spend hours there. 

Then they started closing up the Borders stores around me and I had to travel further, so I wasn't going as often.  That's when DH surprised me with my Kindle and I do love it even though I swore up and down I never would.  

Every now and then I still order a REAL book, just because . . . but you absolutely cannot beat the convenience of the E-readers.

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 11, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I love our library and get my books there.

CoeyG
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Closet Library here is about a half hour away, that's 1/4 an O2 tank...so besides the cost of gas to get there and back it would cost me an extra $10.00 O2 round trip.  The nearest bookstore (BAM) is about 5 minutes away and I can get coffee or tea and relax and enjoy.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I have a kindle that I got for Christmas and I like it alot BUT I still love holding a real book too.  lol  I like having it both ways I guess.    :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I don't own one and I'm not sure if I'd like one or not.  I do like the feel of a book but then again not having used one - I guess I can't say one way or the other.  I utiize my neighborhood library for my books right now - like the fact I can reserve a book and renew online - plus I go past it to/from work so it's very convenient.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)