Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I got my Mother's Day Gift :)

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 13 Replies

Yes Shannon Skyped me.  It was good to see her smiling face even though she is still in bed.  She is looking healthier, is able to sit on the bench outside her place and her dad has been taking Sadie (her dog) down to her in the mornings, Sadie can't sleep there quite yet because she jumbs off the bed to get a drink at night and Shannon can't pick her up yet, so Sadie sleeps with "grandpa"  LOL.  

Shannon is getting very antsy to be out of bed though and is hoping that a week from this Friday the doctor will have good news for her.  She has been complaning that she has gained almost 20 pounds since her accident, I reminded her that the physical therapy she will be getting will help her get it off.  I also told her she could start watching her fat intake as well.  Instead of hole milk she can drop to 2%.  She will be able to get her own meals as well so she won't be eating as much meat and fat filled foods as her dad and stepmom cook.  

She also admitted that they guy from across the way (pizza place) has been over quite often...not much has gone on between them, she can't do much LOL...but it's pretty much a done deal that they are an "item".  She said that she'd see if he can come over one of these days and Skype with her so I can meet him...

So, Shannon is well, hopefully healing, in good spirits although getting antsy to be up and moving around...can't blame her, this has been going on since February.

by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Awesome!  I'm so glad to hear Shannon is doing better, and in good spirits, too.  What a nice mother's day "present" for you! 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Glad you got to talk to her!

EireLass
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

That sounds like a wonderful gift!

Bmat
by Barb on May. 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

How nice! Glad to hear that she is improving. The guy sounds interesting. :)

CoeyG
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Quoting Bmat:

How nice! Glad to hear that she is improving. The guy sounds interesting. :)

The guy manages the Pizza Hut across from the motel.  Shannon ordered from them one evening and went to pick it up.  They give business to business discounts so she got her $10 pizza for $8.  The following week she called to roder and he caled her back saying he was getting off work and would deliver it.  They really haven't "dated" although he did take her to coffee one morning before his shift started, he just turned 23, she is 26.  Like her mother her favoirte food is Pizza and right now she has the perfect life LOL.  She no longer calls him, she has a "standing order" every Wednesday and yes he still delivers...especially when he heard about her breking her hip.  Shannon has had two relationships go sour on her so she is treading very lightly, and he is kind of shy and not that expierenced.  I don't think either one of them is in any hurry to go any further right now Shannon wants to get healthy again, get more settled.  But she does like him and can see herself dating him after she does get better.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

So glad to hear you had such a wonderful gift & was able to see/speak with DD,
Must be really hard for her & can't wait til she gets that *green* light so to speak <g>
Whoa .. kind of nice on the guy thing .. well maybe for her anyways <wink>

Hope she gets that clean bill of health real soon :)

Join us at 
Time Out for You

caro100
by Carol on May. 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Glad she's improving, and that you got to see her.

lisamarie1265
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:13 AM
What a wonderful gift...
Why123
by Nancy on May. 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I am glad that Shannon is doing so well and is happy where she is.  You will be with her before you know it.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM

That's awesome! Glad to hear she is doing better, and on the mend~! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)