Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

The Mothers Curse

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 18 Replies

Do you know the curse where many of us jokingly say " I hope when you have kids they act just like you " ?

I was on the phone with my daughter this morning and she said please remove the curse, I just had to laugh, my grandson Jay Jay is 3, so he acts like a 3 year old for the most part but he is very mouthy and I know it is so wrong of me but I find him adorable, I guess it is because he was out of my life for so long and I feel like I missed so much with him, he tells her no, when she says he is being bad he will say grandma thinks I am the best boy ever, she told him to put her drink down and he said grandma is gonna send me toys and drink and you cant have any, this morning she said to stop teasing the baby with a toy or she would throw it away and he said there is the trash can. I feel really bad for her and I hope he will grow out of it but none of my kids ever mouthed me like that so I dont even have words of advice.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM

LOL .. it is almost cute ..
Funny for sure .. wonder where he got his *mouthyness* from <wink>
She will learn to deal with like we all had to :)

Join us at 
Time Out for You

gmadiane
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. it is almost cute ..
Funny for sure .. wonder where he got his *mouthyness* from
She will learn to deal with like we all had to :)

she tries to blame me for his mouthyness, says when he gets mad he acts just like me, lol, whatever

CoeyG
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I know the curse very well, my mother constantly gave it too me while I was growing up.  Only problem is that I wound up with a kid worse than myself LOL...Not that I couldn't handle her.  I have given Shannon the same curse but she says she is never going to have children...she doesn't want to chance that the curse might come true LOL.  

If Shannon would have said "There's the trash can" to me when I said i would throw a toy away I would have taken the toy and tossed it.  When she sassed at me I turned around and ignored her for the rest of the day.  I don't care how old a child is, if they treat me like shit they're going to get it right back in their faces.  The only way to nip sassiness in the bud is to not allow it to begin with.

When Shannon threatened to run away from home, I packed a bag for her and walked her to the door, opened and put her outside...told her to have a nice life, she was four years old.  Never threatened running away again.  

When she was six she threatened to call Social Services (because I wouldn't order pizza for dinner) I handed her the reciever told her what would happen if CPS came, and I started dialing the number for her...she hung up before the first ring.

I don't entertain threats or dares. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how she feels  lol. I was not a perfect kid but I  was not really bad either. Yes, growing up in the projects I got into lots of fight but I never started any of them, I just won them by any means necessary. (I learned early that you have to learn to protect yourself in those places). 

My hubby on the other hand was always up to something as a child so guess who gets "punished" along with him? LOL

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

gmadiane
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM

my dd at about 7 said she was gonna run away I said bye, she walked across the street, not a busy street and stood there for a while and then came home, lol

Quoting CoeyG:

I know the curse very well, my mother constantly gave it too me while I was growing up.  Only problem is that I wound up with a kid worse than myself LOL...Not that I couldn't handle her.  I have given Shannon the same curse but she says she is never going to have children...she doesn't want to chance that the curse might come true LOL.  

If Shannon would have said "There's the trash can" to me when I said i would throw a toy away I would have taken the toy and tossed it.  When she sassed at me I turned around and ignored her for the rest of the day.  I don't care how old a child is, if they treat me like shit they're going to get it right back in their faces.  The only way to nip sassiness in the bud is to not allow it to begin with.

When Shannon threatened to run away from home, I packed a bag for her and walked her to the door, opened and put her outside...told her to have a nice life, she was four years old.  Never threatened running away again.  

When she was six she threatened to call Social Services (because I wouldn't order pizza for dinner) I handed her the reciever told her what would happen if CPS came, and I started dialing the number for her...she hung up before the first ring.

I don't entertain threats or dares. 

busygramma4
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

How funny! You can laugh now that you're gramma. But she can deal w/ it all by herself just like we had to in out day. I too dide a lot of things Colleen did w/ mine.

Angels Lending A

Helping Hand Goup

homeskoolmama
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, we reap what we sow! lol... thankfully I was a good child. The boys have been great, however, they have had the occassionaly mouthy moment when they had to be reminded who was in charge.

caro100
by Carol on May. 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, I have cursed both my boys.  Son Dylan says he isn't having any, because he knows he was so rotten, he's bound to get a kid just as ornery as himself.  I say just wait.and then sit there snickering.  Seriously your daughter needs to get a handle on the mouth or she's going to be in for it.  It doesn't sound to me as if she is following through with consequences either.  And politically correct or no I actually LIGHTLY, popped mine in the mouth, when they literally screamed in my face acouple of times.  Mostly I just ignored them, then when they wanted something I would pretend not to hear them, and they would say I want... and I would then say, I don't do... for boys who disobey,  you do this for me,I'll do this for you. That's the way it works.

Clubpenguin
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I got one worse than I was too. I told my mom I was so sorry for what I had put her thru and she said you were never as bad as my ds.
gmadiane
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Quoting Clubpenguin:

I got one worse than I was too. I told my mom I was so sorry for what I had put her thru and she said you were never as bad as my ds.

mine were never as bad as my grandkids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN