Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Of the Lost Angel post

The update told how the family celebrated her life by doing something she loved to do, going to the beach.  I have a friend who lost a child ten years ago and the worst part was that it was days before her birthday.  The memorial service for her was on her birthday and rather than have a "funeral" they had a birthday party, complete with balloons, streamers and a large "happy birthday" banner.  Attendees were given ice cream and cake and punch.  The parents got a lot of flack from family as well as friends for treating her death in this manner,  they said they were disrespecting the memory of her and should be ashamed to take her death so lightly.  They responded by trying to explain that her life meant so much to them that they want to celebrate it rather than  mourn her passing.   They wanted to remember her last birthday as a day of joy rather than sadness.  

I have always felt the same way...I believe in celebrating the life rather than mourning the death and I stood by the girls parents.  My question is, would you have joined in the celebration of life or would you critizise the parents for wanting to spread the joy of their child?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Replies (11-16):
gmadiane
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I would never criticise, celebrating life is a lovely idea

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Definitely agree with the celebrating of life & no criticism :)

Join us at 
Time Out for You

suesues
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I dont know if i agree but i would have joined in its there call

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I agree with celebrating life, although I can't really imagine how hard it must be to lose a child.   They were correct in celebrating her with a birthday party.

boys2men2soon
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I would have joined in!   I agree with celebrating life.     I also think it was rude and disrespectful for anyone to condemn how the family chooses to honor their loved ones.

Shellness
by Michell on May. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I would have joined them because that's they way they choose to remember her. Not something I would do but they aren't me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)