Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Just For Fun: Upcoming Solar Eclipse Is Totally Going to Own That Slacker Supermoon

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

Upcoming Solar Eclipse Is Totally Going to Own That Slacker Supermoon

Posted by Jacqueline Burt

ring of fireTo be quite honest with you, I'm still really, really bitter about the supermoon incident.

Why?

Because here in the NY area, it was too cloudy to see the giant moon threatening to swallow us all alive, aaaack!

Spare me your spectacular supermoon photos, rest of the world, because I am resentful they got to witness the rare lunar event and I DID NOT.

Anyway. As such, all my money's on the upcoming solar eclipse. That's right, Sunday May 20, baby! Better known as the Ring of Fire, that is, because an annular solar eclipse blocks out most of the sun, leaving only a flaming, glowing ring of glowy amazing-ness.

So get ready: May 20, late afternoon or early evening. You don't wanna miss this!

But let's get to the real issue here. Perhaps you're wondering if the Ring of Fire will doom your life to supermoon-level mayhem?

Um, yeah, pretty much. Except not exactly. From what I can tell (cause astrology is seriously complicated), while the supermoon made everybody's personal lives go nutso, the solar eclipse (which will be in Gemini, by the way) makes everything go nutso on a global scale. So like, maybe you won't have some crazy family drama or get fired or anything like that, but maybe ... there might be something like a giant flood.

I can't decide if this is good news or bad news. I mean bad, obviously, but the other side of the coin suggests that whatever this epic worldwide disaster thing is will have positive results. In a bringing people together kind of way.

Do you have any (good or bad) expectations for the solar eclipse on Sunday?

Will you be watching?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Why123
by Nancy on May. 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM

If she is in NY she won't see the eclipse.  There won't be much to see here in Ohio either.  It will probably be nifty if you are on the west coast or in Hawaii.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I'll be working and my life is so nuts now, I doubt I'll notice a change.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I didn't know about it, but I'll be watching now. I remember a complete solar eclipse when I was in university. It was weird that it became nighttime, dark, very quickly, and then light again.

gmadiane
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I was not even aware of it until now

CoeyG
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

No I won't be watching, my eyes are bad enough, without making them worse by wathing an eclipse LOL.  Here in NEPA the sun is pretty much "eclipsed" with cloud cover anyway I doubt we will be seeing it...

Shellness
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I can't wait to get to see it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN