Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

We are home.....

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

It was long day but we survived it. Roo's behavior was not as bad as it could have been, I packed him legoes, cars, army men, yu-gi-oh cards and dinosaurs and the kept him slightly entertained , A MRI went well this time, her veins did not collapse  when they injected the contrast and the contrast half of the MRI did not take long. WE did have to wait about an hour and a half beyond her appointment time to get started due to an emergency MRI but no biggie. We did get to talk to a social worker and she procured  us each a $5 voucher for the cafeteria so I did not have to suffer through PBJs LOL.

Anyhow, A's MRI looked good, her tumor is still stable. She did mention occasional heart palpitations to one of her doctors (she had not to me because she did not think it was a big deal). They wanted us to stay for an echo and EKG but by then it was almost 4pm so they agreed to let us have it done here next week. Her pituitary is still off and she will have to continue on the synthroid for it and of course continue her keppra to prevent seizures but all in all it was mostly good news. I am not going to borrow trouble worrying about the echo and EKG.

Hope you all had a great day!

OOOPS! Almsot forgot to add that we did get to see Micheal for a short while, we only stayed for about 45 minutes because we were tired and still had a long drive home but it was nice jsut sitting and watching TV with him.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Glad things went semi well for everyone.  So glad you were able to get a good lunch too.  I am with you on the Echo and EKG...no sense fretting, just move foward.  Glad As' tumor is at least stable and no major changes.  Maybe you are going to get a break...

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Yay!  Glad to hear all went as well as could be expected today - and that you got lunch to boot!

busygramma4
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM

So glad it all went well for you! I just posted on your other post! lol! Anyways still thinking about you!  ((hugs))

Angels Lending A

Helping Hand Goup

Why123
by Nancy on May. 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Thank goodness that it is over for another week.  Chin up.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I'm glad you got a pretty good report and that you made it home safely!!  Keep us posted

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Happy to hear it went as well as could be,
Nice on that lunch as well ;)

Join us at 
Time Out for You

Shellness
by Michell on May. 17, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Sounds like a pretty good day :) I'm glad the testing came out pretty good. Isn't it funny how God see's a need and takes care of it with your lunch? That's why I never worry. He always takes care of me!

I am happy you got to see Michael too. Hope all goes well next week when you have to do it all again!

gmadiane
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

glad it went well

LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I am glad it went better than expected for you. All in all - a good day. I cannot imagine having to do some of the things you need to do. You are a strong woman and loving Mom!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Hurray - now that day is behind you and turned out not to be as bad as you feared. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)