Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Hi ladies

it feels like forever since I've been on.

first, my computer is messed up and i am using my sons. his shift key does not work on either side, the one of the right occasionally. so please forgive the lower case typing.

i was out of town all last week. we thought my dad had a heart attack. he did not. the dialysis center screwed up, yet again. they pulled too much too fast and caused him a great deal of chest pain. the hospital kept him over night for observation and more test to be sure.

my mom pulled a muscle in her back 2 weeks ago and has been down and out of commission. she keeps my grand-baby and takes care of my dad, who is disabled, and her sister who is disabled.

so with all of that on her plate, i stayed from tuesday until last night.

it was good to be there , help out and spend time with my grand-baby. she has grown so much and is a chatter box. adorable to boot

i came home to the same dishes in the sink that dh left when he took me and dropped me off last Tuesday. trash had not been taken out, litter boxes were dirty, i clean them everyday. it was a mess. so  today i am cleaning.

but first i made my not so thrilled objections last night. i said, really, you can't even take the dang trash out and wash 3 bowls while I'm gone?? so not happy about that.

my furbabies were glad to see me.

Jesse is still out of town and joey came home last night but left again this morning. dh is painting a house today so I'm back to being home alone.

but after being at my moms and the tv blaring almost 24/7 i am enjoying the peace.

missed you ladies

hey if you spell check it fixes a lot of the lower case words, lol.

by on May. 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Glad you are home.  Sorry about coming home to a mess.

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I'm sorry your mom is hurting.  Sounds like she has a full plate :(  I hope she and your dad feel better soon!   

I would be really ticked if I can home to a messy house like that!!!

homeskoolmama
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:41 PM

LOL

Well, I've cleaned and cleaned and am pooped. My computer has been put thru the paces and seems to be ok today.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Home sweet home - even if my place isn't spic-n-span, I enjoy coming home to familiar territory after I've been away for a while.

I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well and hope your mom heals up quickly.  What fun to spend time with your grandbaby, too!   And glad your furbabies were happy to see you  - and probably all your "boys" too.  Finally have someone to clean up after them again. 

oh and at least it's not that the shift key is stuck on ALL CAPS.  I REALLY DISLIKE WHEN PEOPLE WRITE IN ALL CAPS.  I FEEL LIKE THEY ARE YELLING AT ME.  I LIKE peace and quiet. 

homeskoolmama
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM

It was work but I did enjoy it. My mom normally will not let me do anything. This time I knew she was bad off. I cooked every meal we had. THAT has NEVER happened.

Quoting mac1940:

It's always good to get home again or at least I find it so - even if it was a pleasure trip and I had a super time, I'm glad to get home.  And yours sound like more work than pure pleasure.  Nice to hear that your dad is doing better and your mom recuperating at well.  And for pure pleasure, there is nothing like a granddaughter.  Anyway, welcome back.

homeskoolmama
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM

haha Thanks I try.

Yes, helpless or lazy or both. The boys have been gone, so it was dh who did nothing here. oh except spend money we didn't have. ugh

Quoting Shellness:

You are funny! I'm glad your Dad is ok. I would tell your husband off for you if I could! Sometimes they can be so helpless cant they?

Glad to have you back!

homeskoolmama
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM

There were 3 bowls in the sink when I left. They were still there when I came home, complete with black fuzzy dots! grrr

At least after I threw a fit, he washed them.

Quoting caro100:

Glad you're back and I feel your pain about the dish thing.  my guys just look at me like really,you expect us to wash dishes?

homeskoolmama
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM

LOL you mean? only in your own mind girl!

HEY gonna send you a message! Debi is coming to stay with me this week, maybe we can all get together :-D

Quoting louannwilkins:

You know I'm glad you are back!!  lol  Men are such babies.  I would have went off on all of them!!  Maybe that's why I don't have a man though, ya think????  I'm just to mean???  lol

Glad you're back girl and that your parents are gonna be ok.  Hugs to you!!!!

homeskoolmama
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Thanks for keeping things straight here ;-)

dh did the dishes after I threw a fit. As well he should have.

Quoting nana9106:

I'm glad your parents are ok. It does always feel good to be home. I do hope you make your DH feel lime crap for leaving everything for you to do. I know I would have if my DH would have done that. Well, we kept everything nice and neat for you here... :-)

homeskoolmama
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:47 PM

The boys are still gone and dh is painting another house so he is getting home late.

I have a friend coming for a visit this week, super excited about that!

Quoting hugss:

Glad you're back home,
Nice to hear most all is ok too.
About your dH .. shame on him
Hope you can have a fairly *quiet* week now :)

homeskoolmama
by on May. 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Thanks MaryAnn, I really felt disconnected from the 'world' by not being on while gone. 

Quoting busygramma4:

Missed you! Glad all's well w/ the folk's! And l live that w/ the cleaning everyday! Lol! I agree w/ the capitals all the time. I too feel like I'm being yelled at!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN