Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How wild were you as a young person???

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM
  • 76 Replies

You can be as honest as you feel like.

To me, other than in prayers this is the one place I would tell more than anywhere, lol!

Of course we are ashamed of some of the things we have done and I thought we could get into some good discussions about those things, how we feel about them, what lessons we learned from them.

WANNA??

I'll go first.

by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by Michell on May. 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM

The first time I had sex was in the 8th grade. It was his first time too. We didn't even know HOW. I remember him saying "this is how they do it on t.v.". Good Lord, we were dumb. I just wanted so badly to be LOVED!!!!  I thought it was a way to get that. I was wrong. I think that happens a lot with girls. Boys too, but not as much.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I wasn't wild at all.  I moved to NYC when I was 20 and spent most of my weekends with my aunt and uncle out on Long Island.  I mostly dated older guys who found my innocence unusual for NY.  They decided that they were not going to be the ones to destroy that innocence.  Dirty jokes went right over my head.  They usually stopped being funny if you had to explain them so people stopped telling them to me.  I read the Happy Hooker after I had my 3rd child and still had to look stuff up in order to understand some of what she was talking about.  Being clueless was really the pits.

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I wasn't really. However, I cut class a lot...but not to do anything bad. When I cut class it was to go fishing because I had heard the fish were biting. My dad was so strict we really couldn't get away with being wild.

I was an honor roll student, very shy, got my first BF when I was 16, got pregnant the first time we had sex, got married at 16 had 2 kids by 19. I really didn't get a chance to be wild.

Ferne
by on May. 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I wasnt allowed to date, or spend time with friends after school until I graduated Highschool.  Then I could do whatever I wanted.  So I did a lot of drinking...gin and koolaid.  Skinny dipping, Sunbathing topless while in the car,and flashing truck drivers.  Sex wasnt a big thing for me.  I was 17 and staying with relatives my first time.  Didnt have sex again until I was 19 and had a steady boyfriend.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Not wild at all. Too intent on studying and getting into college. Then too intent on studying to get into grad school. I spent the summers with my grandparents, and of course they were very conservative, too.

nybor48
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I was smoking cigs by the age of 13,  drinking at the age of 11 (had two older brothers that would throw parties)  not to the point of passing out or anything.  when I got my license.....let's just say that i am extremely lucky to be here to type this....   I was indistructable ya know?  In high school, all the partiers would come to my friend and myself to find out where all the partys were going to be.  I skipped 35 out of 42 day of school before i got caught,  was usually out getting drunk or stoned.  (and that was only in 10th grade)  Pretty much had to start straightening out by the 12th otherwise i wouldn't graduate.  (did though)  after that..... Work work work (really should have gone to college)

PuppetDani
by on May. 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I was very wild

busygramma4
by on May. 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM
I was wasn't that bad. I drank some at 16, but didn't really care for it so I really didn't do it much. I also had a curfew which by God you didn't break. I didn't have sex until I was 18. And then I ended up breaking up with him and just working on my college stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:20 PM

hmmm, well family had a business, so I worked a lot, and town was small the principal knew all my aunts, uncles & grandmother.. but  I was still the sneaking out one, black sheep.. even my great grand mother said it's gonna take one good man to tangle that one! LOL :) I didn't smoke cigs, or do drugs. just pranks, and tried to sneak in after curfew.. (yeah right in a house built in the 1800, with hard wood floors! )

planning a wedding

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 22, 2012 at 6:33 PM

My mom couldnt handle me and sent me to go live with my dad at 15.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)