Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

It's Friday eve and Memorial Day Weekend ...

Posted by   + Show Post

Memorial Day weekend is nearly here - our office was going to close early on Friday, at 3 pm, but on Monday the boss decided to change that.  She's closing the office at noon tomorrow!  Yippee! 

Sadly, I have no plans for the entire weekend.  I have no money anyway.  And I will still be working Sat/Sun.

What plans do you all have for this Memorial Day Weekend?  I need some ideas that one can do SOLO and BROKE.  lol.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Replies (21-24):
Shellness
by Michell on May. 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM

We have a place like that in downtown Orlando called Chillers. I like the rum runner! Used to when I was younger all the bars downtown were free to get in and we would go from bar to bar and just have a blast. Chillers was always the first stop. Then to Howl at the Moon, lol, where they had 2 guys at the front of the bar on pianos playing songs and singing and if you didn't join in by singing along too they would pull you up on stage and make you sing by YOURSELF! Haha!

Quoting suzeebloch:

Yesterday we had a power outage at the office, lasting nearly 2 hours.  Work came to a near stand-still.  And then the bosses declared everyone had to be done working at 5 because they were taking us all to a near-by establishment that serves adult "slushies".   I had a phone call from a client who wanted to bring in some papers and I was telling them I'd be there until 5:30 and the wife-boss was standing there and said, "NO! You will NOT be here at 5:30!"  lol.  The client had asked if I would please stay until 6 pm and I was offering to hang around until 5:30, but hey, if the boss says to leave at 5, we better do it, huh?!   We had fun at the slushie place. I don't drink often.  They brought samples of all 12 of their slushies so we all got to test them first.  Whatever I ended up ordering was pretty good. lol.   We were there from about 5 until nearly 7.  Nice and relaxed.  I guess they do this kind of thing often during the summer months. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM

We do, LOL
Have to get into the habit of swimming again now :)

Quoting Shellness:

You have a pool? I'm jealous!

Quoting hugss:

Just the usal errands & chores for us,
Youngest ds may be home but not a lot, LOL
Least it will be good to see him for a couple of days when we can.
We'll hang out by our pool as it is expected to be very hot & humid here.

For yourself .. relax, read some good books & hang out here :)

Join Us At
Time Out for You

terri-553
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Taylor/Thomas are grands,Also trying to go/sit w/my Momma /sisters at night.So??If,I don;t post for a few days you will know why/Momma suffered a stroke Wensday night.She hasn;t been well for 3 months now.She knew I was there last night.It is really sad though

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Just gonna enjoy a three day weekend after a looong week of work! No real plans until Monday. We do have to put flowers at the cemetery today sometime, and then we'll see where the wind takes us. Monday, we have a parade so I will head down to work and help get the residents outside to watch and serve cookies and lemonade to all who visit, also setting up a table to fund raise for "The Walk to End Alzheimer's", then it's off to a little league game to watch my nephew and then a birthday party/picnic. Just gonna take some time and enjoy the nice weather we are having and remember why we are celelbrating!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)