Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

"Sharing our Memories" --- A Game!

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:46 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am going to name something. Then whomever has a memory that involves that word, tell us about your memory! Then you can post another word.

Also if you see a word already posted and want to share a memory, go ahead and use one of the previous words. Just don't forget to leave a new word.

The first word is ----- 

Horse

by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM

why was I the only girl, at girl-scout outings when we'd go ride horses, whose horse would NOT follow the other horses or obey simple commands?  I hated riding horses.

Rollercoaster

Shellness
by Michell on May. 25, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I'll go since we are about the only ones up this morning, lol.

My husband and I went to Bush Gardens as part of our Honeymoon. They have the BIG rollercoasters there. He was scared, lol. He stood watching one of them while he drank 3 beers getting his courage up. Once he rode the first one, I couldn't get him off of them!

Movie

Bmat
by Barb on May. 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM

My first date with my to-be-husband was to see a movie- 2001. 

rose

LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM

My two daughters will pick the rose petals that are a little spent, gather them up and throw them in the air. They look like snow coming down.

Pickles

Why123
by Nancy on May. 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM

My daughter used to make pickle and sauted onion sandwiches for me when she was a teenager.

Sunshine

homeskoolmama
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

When I was about 7 we went to my great uncle house. He had a shetland pony, a horse and donkey. It was the first time I had seen one up close and got to ride each one. I fell in love! I have always loved horses since that. I would ride every time we visited.

I miss being able to ride now. With my fibro, there is NO way I can ride. I love love love horses.

homeskoolmama
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM

My first roller coaster ride was a small one in Myrtle Beach many many years ago not long after my dh and I started dating. I loved it!! He did not and was green, it was hilarious!! I also remember that trip because he was still in the Army and got sun burnt so bad he and I both had to go to the emergency room. He could have been given an article 15 and lost rank but his commander was nice and let him have a few days leave to recover.

Thanks for these memory moments!

LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Sunshine - seeing the sun glint off a babies hair and discovering colors hiding there.

dirt

Shellness
by Michell on May. 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM

WONDERFUL posts! LOVE IT!

Dirt- brings back memories of my youth growing up on a farm. The smell of the earth. We were constantly in the garden digging potatoes, whatever. I love the smell of dirt to this day and love to garden--thanks Grandma for teaching me to love the earth!

car

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I remember my first car.  My mom bought it from some farmer who had it stored in his garage for many years and it was a dingy brown color.  But it was a car, so I set about washing it and washed all the dingy brown away to discover it was actually a candy apple red.  Loved that car!!

puppies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)