Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

"Sharing our Memories" --- A Game!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am going to name something. Then whomever has a memory that involves that word, tell us about your memory! Then you can post another word.

Also if you see a word already posted and want to share a memory, go ahead and use one of the previous words. Just don't forget to leave a new word.

The first word is ----- 

Horse

by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
Why123
by Nancy on May. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I got my first puppy one week before I had my first child.  I went to the movies with some friends the day I got him and didn't want to leave him alone so I took him with me in the pocket of my maternity dress.

Library

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I remember my favorite library, as a kid, and it's still there and the one closest to me now.  Cedar Roe is the name.  I spent many hours there checking out books, doing homework, spending a dime in the Xerox machine to make copies.  Over the last decade or so, I've been buying books that I remember loving to read.  "The Witch of Blackbird Pond."  "From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. (some really long name here)" One book that comes to mind is "The Youngest Lady in Waiting".  I loved that book and checked it out many times.  Why oh why didn't I just keep it the  last time I checked it out???  I found it available at Amazon.com BUT it carries a VERY HEFTY PRICE TAG of a mere $749.99.  WTH??  lol. 

4th of July

gmadiane
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:30 PM

my oldest sons first fireworks, he sat in the grass sucking on rib bones and saying ohhhh, so cute

moving

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Can I do library instead> lol

Moving, I remember by dad moving out when I was 7. My parents used to have horrible, horrible fights. Then I remember going to go visit him at his new house.

Umbrella

jurnee14
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I remember in elementary school I really wanted a yellow rufled umbrella. When i got it , I would play in the rain with it, twirling and creating my own musical numbers, like singing in the rain. I was such a dork,lol.

Frog

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Hey, yeah!  You played by the rules.  Now, you can tell us about your memory using the word library!!!

Quoting Esmrlda:

Can I do library instead> lol

Moving, I remember by dad moving out when I was 7. My parents used to have horrible, horrible fights. Then I remember going to go visit him at his new house.

Umbrella

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 25, 2012 at 7:09 PM

When I was in junior high school, we had some sort of fund raiser.  I remember my dad bought the styrofoam "frog" thingy.  He may still have it hanging in his garage.  I'll have to go do a looksee one of these days! 

telephone

busygramma4
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I remember my first puppy Nikki. She was all black except her paws were white. One day wen we were at work she got loose out of the kitchen and she tore the house apart! Poop was everywhere! Torn up papers,torn up everything, a table knockec down, a cable chewed,shoes chewed and then on top of that the cable guy was coming over to hook up cable to the TV and back then they had to come in the house!

vacation

Angels Lending A

Helping Hand Goup

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Telephone: I remember my first phone I bought all by myself, I was about 17. It was a powder blue with a really long cord so I could walk around and the face lit up when when you picked it up at night.
Library; when I was about 10 my mom was going to college and would go there for study group. My brother and I would spend hours well it seemed like hours in the childrens section. We read all the books. My favorite was Babar. <

/> Wind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Quoting jurnee14:

I remember in elementary school I really wanted a yellow rufled umbrella. When i got it , I would play in the rain with it, twirling and creating my own musical numbers, like singing in the rain. I was such a dork,lol.

Frog

When I was 6 we moved into a neighborhood that was mostly all boys so I rose to the occasion and began climbing trees, watched friend's dad's gut and fliet fish.  Helped gather worms for fishing.  I rode a boy's bike, took a spill in some gravel and messed up my bottom lip where I still have scars LOL.  And we used to go to the local creek with our jars and gather the pollywogs...My mother would not allow me to bring my jar inside so I would leave it sitting on the washer in the garage.  I can still remember my mother screaming bloody murder because eventually those pollywogs (tadpoles) would turn into grown frogs and they were all over in the garage...oh did I meniton that I never had a lid on my jars...that's why my pollywogs always lived to become frogs!  LMAO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)