Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

and it is still 80 freakin degrees..ho the hell is a body supposed to sleep?

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
Shellness
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I feel ya.

Shellness
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I think we should be able to spend our summers in canada or alaska! Wouldn't that be nice!!!

CoeyG
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I have a window unit AC thanks to Shannon's dad.  He had it in his apartment here in PA and when he moved back to New York he asked if I wanted it because he didn't need it...I also have an assortment of fans and the ceiling fan in the dining room.  I have to keep the air circulated.  This humidity kills me

LEK19
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM

No worries here. It is only 57 right now!

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I feel for you with no ac.  Been there before myself.  I'd have tons of fans going and as little clothing as possible.  Hope you were finally able to go to sleep

homeskoolmama
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM

a/c and a fan

When our power goes out and it is hot, I can not sleep. Our temps have been very very unseasonably warm. Sounds like yours too. Hope you finally got to sleep.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM

It is really hot here too.  I am not looking forward to my electric bill.  Thank goodness for the cold front that is moving through right now.  We will be able to open the windows again.  Hopefully it will head your direction.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 29, 2012 at 1:32 PM

If you don't have AC, try putting damp towels in front of fans- the evaporation of the water cools the air. Also,  I hear that it used to be typical to sleep on the linoleum if you have that or cool flooring.

chrstnasears
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM

i grew up with out AC so i know how horrible it can be to try and sleep when its to hot....I now have  central air for the first time...so weird that its to cold in the apartment usually but at night i am complaining that its to hot yet when i take the dogs out early in the morning and come back in, it is def cold in this apt!  OMG am I getting OLD!?!?!?!?!?   lol   scary!  my husband thinks im crazy when i tell him its to hot at night!

Dontchawishuknu
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I dunno....but GEEZ....I'd like to be warm for a change.  DH turns the freaking A/C down everytime he walks past it and it's like a frigging icebox in here.  I'm tired of my hands and feet being blocks of ice and can't wait for the hours he is at night school, so I can turn the flipping thing off for a bit.  Sad to say, I have to go OUTSIDE to balance out my temperature....LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN