Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you have grandkids

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:46 PM
  • 45 Replies

Do you like the choices your kids have made in naming your grandchildren or do you wish they would have picked something else?

and if you wished you could change the name what is the name and what would you change it to?

Just curious because I am less then thrilled about my daughter's ideas for her baby names so I was wondering if I'm the only one out there who is this way.

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Your daughter's child isn't your child, it makes no difference that you are not "thrilled" with her choice of the name for her child, if you want to be "thrilled" and name a baby then you get pregnant and gestate to term then you can name a baby just as you named your daughter...by the way, no I don't have grandkids but if I did whatever name my daughter chose for her child would be fine by me...I'm not the one who is going to be raising that child.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I remember when DD was pregnant and had some wierd name ideas.    We would just joke about it.    We all helped to decide.     It was ultimately her decision but glad that we got our chance to say our opinions about names. 

That is a friends daughter holding her.    I love the picture.    :-)    

wheresthewayout
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM

In this case it does matter because I want to be able to spell the name and pronounce the name...I'm not talking basic names here I'm talking names where she tells me over and over how to pronounce the name she desires.....I know it is not my kid and have no control, I was just asking about names

Quoting CoeyG:

Your daughter's child isn't your child, it makes no difference that you are not "thrilled" with her choice of the name for her child, if you want to be "thrilled" and name a baby then you get pregnant and gestate to term then you can name a baby just as you named your daughter...by the way, no I don't have grandkids but if I did whatever name my daughter chose for her child would be fine by me...I'm not the one who is going to be raising that child.

nana9106
by Darlene on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:35 AM
I love the name my kids picked.for their kids...I helped pick my GS's name Kaidan Stephen, and my youngest GD is named after my grandmother Clara Marie. My other GD is Savannah Page, I absolutely love the name Savannah but the 'Page' is not my favorite. But it works with Savannah and she is a beautiful little girl so its all good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Riley Matthew (middle name is fathers 1st name)

We did not know his name until he was born.

gmadiane
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I am not crazy about a couple of their names but that was their choices not mine

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I wasn't thrilled with any of them at first, but my daughter certainly picked the right names for them. I guess they and their personalities have grown into those names! They're perfect for them now!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have grandkids (thank GOD) but this reminded me of when I was picking out names when I was preggo.

For a girl, I had the names January Lynne, Eudora Jean, Adrienne Michelle or Daphne Michelle.  For a boy, I had only a couple of names - Edward Phillip or Edward Lee.  My husband's name was Edward.    Anyway, I had a girl.  Not sure where the name Jessica came from!  lol.  But her middle name is Michelle  When I was in junior high, in choir, I was the page turner for the pianist and her name was Michelle.  She went on to be Miss Kansas later.  She was always nice to me and that's where the Michelle came from.

When I was pregnant with Johnny, if it was a boy the name John Michael was already determined.  My husband's first name was John.  Michael was his father's name.  If it was a girl, it was going to be Katherine Rose. 

Turns out both my kids (different dads) ended up with the same initials.  JMO. 

wheresthewayout
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Quoting nana9106:

I love the name my kids picked.for their kids...I helped pick my GS's name Kaidan Stephen, and my youngest GD is named after my grandmother Clara Marie. My other GD is Savannah Page, I absolutely love the name Savannah but the 'Page' is not my favorite. But it works with Savannah and she is a beautiful little girl so its all good.

I love the names, Savannah and Clara

Juanita679
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN