Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Professional Photo Sessions

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

We checked out a few places today, at Sears, and a independent in the mall.

Very expensive. Was going to get Jamie Ann's pic done for a Fathers Day gift. Now I think I will take some shots and have them printed and framed myself!

$37 for 2, 8 by 10's. Or if you just wanted to get the disk, $250. Give me a break. Whatever happened to the $20 specials at Sears?

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
EireLass
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I thought all the stores (Walmart, Sears, etc) still did the cheap packages. Look on Craig's List for a newbie looking for business. You're likely to find someone like me :o)

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Sign up for Groupon.  Every now and then there are deals.  And it's free to sign up, you get great savings on what you do buy, and if you're not able to use the coupon by the expiration date, the $ you spent is still good for that $ amount, so you don't really lose out.  You just lose the discounted part.  

I bought a Sears deal for my daughter - it was $35 for a $184.91 value.  It's goot till Sept. 30.   

gmadiane
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I use to take the kids all the time when they were little to sears and olan mills, thats awful it went up so much in price but when I took the grand kids to see santa the price about floored me

homeskoolmama
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Try Wal-Mart. They still have cheap package deals but will try to sell you the WHOLE deal for a few hundred as well.

If you have a good camera, I say do it yourself. Find a beautiful spot outside or somewhere that is dh favorite spot and shoot away. Wal-Greens is having a printing special right now online.

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Sears photo studio was in the news here in Dayton a week or so ago because some guy found a box full of proofs and personal information (names, addresses, credit card numbers etc.) just sitting out in the trash.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Yikes!!

Quoting Why123:

Sears photo studio was in the news here in Dayton a week or so ago because some guy found a box full of proofs and personal information (names, addresses, credit card numbers etc.) just sitting out in the trash.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Wow that is quite expensive ::sigh::
Let us know what you end up doing :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN