Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Menstral Cycles

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:09 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am so SICK of mine being screwed up!

Light bleeding for 2 weeks, now today episodes of heavy bleeding followed by nothing in between. So aggrevating. Then I know when this finally gets over I'll get maybe a 2 week reprieve before it starts all over.

Its seems tampons cause my flow to slow down too so I need to stick to pads. I really HATE that!!! Gross!

Will it ever stop? I'm only 41. This is going to go on for years isn't it?

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your woes.  I know how sucky periods can be for some women.  Yes, they will stop one day.  Just hard to predict when, that's all. 

My periods were always predictable.  The day one started, I'd count out 3 weeks and 3 days and place an "X" on the calendar..  My next period would start within 3 days of that mark (one day before, that day or one day after).  I had an IUD placed in 2005 and that ended my periods for good.  Had it removed in 2011 and had reached menopause.  

But I had 3 very light, scant "periods" after it was removed which totally FREAKED ME OUT.  Those 3 "periods" were like clockwork, as before.  I was so freaked out by that 3rd one that I had my doctor re-run that menopause test because I certainly did not want to end up pregnant!   I just couldn't imagine finding myself pregnant at age 52.  OMG.  Thankfully, the test showed that yes, I was in menopause, and then I never had another period after that.  WHEW.  I had had hotflashes in 2010 so I am thinking I reached that magical age of menopause when I was 51.  Hotflashes are the only "symptom" I have of menopause and they are very random and don't occur all the time. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Mine stopped when I was around 53.  I am afraid that you have a ways to go.

gmadiane
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

have you talked to your gyn? I dont know if you take birth control but sometimes they can give it to regulate your periods

homeskoolmama
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Hysterectomy when I was 30 but when I had a period it was LONG and extremely heavy. SO thankful those days are gone.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Mine showed up at exactly midnight on the 1st, what a way to start the month of June. I am a couple days early but at least I know I won't have to deal with it during RFL.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM

It sounds as if maybe your body is starting to prepare you for that life ending cycle. I agree maybe talk to your gyno & see what they recommend.

I didn't have that chance to go through all that I had heavy periods & had a hysterctomy 6 years ago.

jonnlilithsmom
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I generally have 3 days of very very heavy flow, followed by 3 days of light flow, followed by 3 days of spotting... but I usually get 3 weeks of no bleeding in between, so it's fairly tolerable most of the time...

lately things have been getting weird... starting days early... I skipped the days of light flow this month entirely... I'm hoping it's signs of menopause to come... I'm looking forward to hot flashes at this point!!  lol I'm 43

CoeyG
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I was 40 when I had my hysterectomy and I am so happy, I was having weird cycles.  I'd skip a couple of months and then bleed for an entire month and that bleeding came with pain all month.  I was finally able to convince a doctor that I needed surgery and have been free ever since

Shellness
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Thanks for you reply! I do get hot too but not the night sweats or anything bad. I was always like clockwork too until I had my tubes tied. Then still pretty regular. Now ugg.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your woes.  I know how sucky periods can be for some women.  Yes, they will stop one day.  Just hard to predict when, that's all. 

My periods were always predictable.  The day one started, I'd count out 3 weeks and 3 days and place an "X" on the calendar..  My next period would start within 3 days of that mark (one day before, that day or one day after).  I had an IUD placed in 2005 and that ended my periods for good.  Had it removed in 2011 and had reached menopause.  

But I had 3 very light, scant "periods" after it was removed which totally FREAKED ME OUT.  Those 3 "periods" were like clockwork, as before.  I was so freaked out by that 3rd one that I had my doctor re-run that menopause test because I certainly did not want to end up pregnant!   I just couldn't imagine finding myself pregnant at age 52.  OMG.  Thankfully, the test showed that yes, I was in menopause, and then I never had another period after that.  WHEW.  I had had hotflashes in 2010 so I am thinking I reached that magical age of menopause when I was 51.  Hotflashes are the only "symptom" I have of menopause and they are very random and don't occur all the time. 

Shellness
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Yes I have seen the doctor. He wants me to have hormone bloodwork done. I will. I have never been able to do the BC. I've tried a few times and it makes me so depressed I don't care if I died. Awful. I always had to depend on condoms creams and such.

Quoting gmadiane:

have you talked to your gyn? I dont know if you take birth control but sometimes they can give it to regulate your periods

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN