Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Facial cleanser?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:11 AM
  • 10 Replies

The post about moisturizing cream reminded me that I wanted to ask about what kind of facial cleanser would you recommend. I've always just used bar soap, but I bought a cleanser from Avon and found that it was a cream- which I think would be fine for cleaning off make up, but I don't wear make up. I am looking for a facial wash that would leave my skin clean but not dry it out. And not being tested on animals would be a plus.

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM

sorry I have only used soap on my face also

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:21 AM

The soap will  dry your skin unless you use a moisturizing soap, such as Dove.  I use Walmart's "Oil-Free Daily Face Wash". ("Compare to Clearsil Daily Face Wash," it says).  It's creamy and leaves my skin feeling quite clean.  Then I follow by using Walmart's "Oil-Free Ultra-Gentle Facial Moisturizer ("Compare to Neutrogena Oil-free moisture-sensitive skin).  My face tends to be a bit on the "oily" side.  I wear minimal makeup - just some blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara.  In fact, I was dismayed at the price to replace my translucent face powder - I just want to get rid of the "shine."  I use plain old cornstarch and apply it with a foundation sponge that has vitamin E in it.  The cornstarch gets rid of the "shine" and is translucent.  A little goes a very long way and can it get any cheaper??! 

homeskoolmama
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I use an all natural organic facial soap I bought from Trader Joe's. I really like it. Mostly I use "Kiss my face" soap.

CoeyG
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I have used aloe vera for years. 

Shellness
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM

To be honest my favorite thing to clean my face IS bar soap but it has to be certain ones.

My #1 favorite is Caress, followed by Tone, then Dial Nutraskin-the green glycerin one!

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. I have an idea what to look for now.

chrstnasears
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM

everyones skin is different so what works great for another might not work on your skin!  you will have to go thru the trial and error stage and find one you like!  for  me, i prefer the ones that lather,  the creams ones dont seem to give me a clean feeling on my face, i dont wear make up either!   sounds like for you, the best ones to start trying out are the ones you know for sure were not tested on animals :-)   I always still use a moisturizer!  helps with the wrinkles!

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Makes sense.  I hadn't encountered one called a facial cleanser that was actually a cream before.  I've had foaming cleansers in the past that left my skin feeling clean.

Quoting chrstnasears:

everyones skin is different so what works great for another might not work on your skin!  you will have to go thru the trial and error stage and find one you like!  for  me, i prefer the ones that lather,  the creams ones dont seem to give me a clean feeling on my face, i dont wear make up either!   sounds like for you, the best ones to start trying out are the ones you know for sure were not tested on animals :-)   I always still use a moisturizer!  helps with the wrinkles!

chrstnasears
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I LOVE the foaming cleansers!  always hated the cream ones!!   i am the same way with my shampoo! its gotta lather really good!  they have ones that dont lather at all and are "suppose" to be better for the hair but i hate them!  i need a good lather!

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM

If the shampoo doesn't foam, I don't feel that my hair is getting clean.

Quoting chrstnasears:

I LOVE the foaming cleansers!  always hated the cream ones!!   i am the same way with my shampoo! its gotta lather really good!  they have ones that dont lather at all and are "suppose" to be better for the hair but i hate them!  i need a good lather!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN