Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you pass a yard sale or garage sale...

Posted by   + Show Post

do you slow down to look?    Or better yet pull over?

What are you looking for? 

What do you need that you think you can get for a steal?

What is the best bargain you have gotten at a sale? 

Have you held a sale yourself?  Did you make some serious cash? 

driving

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Replies (51-53):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Thats great making the security deposit!  That is worth it right there.  What a bargain on the stroll and car seat!

Quoting sjcuteangel:

I have moved  around a few times in my life and usually when I move I have a garage sale get rid of things I don't need for my new place and usually make enough to cover my security deposit for my new place.....Last week I went to a multi family yard sale and was able to pick up a nice stroller with a car seat and base for my new grandchild and a awesome perk !!!   it all comes apart so you can wash it easily.....      

welcome spring.gif

Dontchawishuknu
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I see new sets....at Walgreen's and such....And it's really something for me to play with when I get bored with my usual hairstyle, not something I would probably use every day...Which is why I am not willing to spend full price for a new set.

Quoting Esmrlda:

I love those jars!  Yes hot rollers would be hard to come by.  Do they even sell those anymore.  A yard sale is probablly the only place you will them. 

Quoting Dontchawishuknu:

Yes, I usually slow down.  If I see something interesting, I'll pull over.  Never can tell what I'm looking for.  About the only thing that will guarantee me stopping is hermetic jars....you know the glass ones with the locking lids?  I collect those.  

I can't think of anything in particular that I need right now, although I'd really like to have a set of hot rollers. (Don't ask LOL)....

I've had several yard sales, probably will have one this summer...and I've always made really good money.

suesues
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM

slow down and it always looks like alot of  junk i never stop

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)