Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

help!! feeling terrible....

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 24 Replies

has this ever happened to anyone, so we are still in florida and even though we have seen nothing but rain this week lol we still have found some time to head out to the pool and sightseeing ect more on that later... this morning eveyone had something to do cept me, there was a break in the weather so I thought I would go to the beach and relax by myself for awhile, yea NO!!! i went down there and rented my chair took off my cover up... and suddenly found myself surrounded by younger skinny tan ladies in bikinis, even what appeared to be some moms I looked around and suddenly felt well...  like UGH!!! granted I had my wieght loss and I feel good but hoo boy did I feel plump this morning, I am usually not that self conciences but .. wow!! does anyone else feel that way?? my solution i put my cover up back on and I took my big ole size 10 butt to the pool where I was alone and sulked LOL and then it rained on me... so I am back in my hotel room.  In my flub concealing maxi dress hahaha.... watching cable tv. should have went shopping with the girls oh well .. can anyone relate .. boy i am suddenly depressedshrugging hope someone can help need a spirit lifter.

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM

OMGsh YES! I always feel like my butt and thighs are too heavy!, (which I teasingly blame on my now grown kids! LOL) A size 10 is great! Those too skinny chicks are just that, someone needs to throw them a sandwich! LOL

I have felt that way on occasion too, usually when trying on clothes! uggh!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I know what you mean.  I, too, feel self-conscious about my flabby thighs and belly bulge.  I used to be one of those skinny tan young things.  But not anymore.  I was thinking about maybe going to the local swimming pool later this afternoon to work on my non-existant tan.  I haven't tanned since oh about 2002?  lol.  I have a one-piece swimsuit but it is actually a sheer one-piece with a two-piece under the sheer.  Does that make sense?  i haven't worn that since probably 2002 so it may not even fit.  I am thinking if I go, I will take a book. Wish I had a big floppy hat to wear.  Also I am going to "pretend" that I don't give a rats ass what I look like.  lol.  Actually, come to think of it, I don't have a beach towel, either.  Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll get a beach towel and a floppy hat and some flipflops and then take myself to the pool then.  And I'll know if that swimsuit still fits.  lol

lisamarie1265
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

OMGsh YES! I always feel like my butt and thighs are too heavy!, (which I teasingly blame on my now grown kids! LOL) A size 10 is great! Those too skinny chicks are just that, someone needs to throw them a sandwich! LOL

I have felt that way on occasion too, usually when trying on clothes! uggh!

OMG trying on clothes... i keep my back to the mirror LOL until i have the item on then i turn around with my eyes closed hahaha, and yea some of those skinnies looked like could use a sandwich haha, they were scowling like they just had a pea for breakfast and a tic tac for desert ... LOL!!!

lisamarie1265
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Quoting suzeebloch:

I know what you mean.  I, too, feel self-conscious about my flabby thighs and belly bulge.  I used to be one of those skinny tan young things.  But not anymore.  I was thinking about maybe going to the local swimming pool later this afternoon to work on my non-existant tan.  I haven't tanned since oh about 2002?  lol.  I have a one-piece swimsuit but it is actually a sheer one-piece with a two-piece under the sheer.  Does that make sense?  i haven't worn that since probably 2002 so it may not even fit.  I am thinking if I go, I will take a book. Wish I had a big floppy hat to wear.  Also I am going to "pretend" that I don't give a rats ass what I look like.  lol.  Actually, come to think of it, I don't have a beach towel, either.  Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll get a beach towel and a floppy hat and some flipflops and then take myself to the pool then.  And I'll know if that swimsuit still fits.  lol

i have a tankini, it covers the "unwanted"  and normally i feel pretty good but today was just UGG!! I could use a floppy hat myself lol a really big one to cover the entire me ha ha...  I love swimming but this morning i even scowled at the pool.  I am sure your suit will fit and i am sure you will look great in it...

gmadiane
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel, hugs

chrstnasears
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I do have days like that.....I tend to hide in a "hoodie" to hide my abs....girl, it will be almost 100 degrees out and you will find me walking down the street with a hoodie on!   its awful,  I hate when I dont feel comfortable in my clothing!  I might be going to the beach in two weeks .....I have a one peice that has tummy control and boob control!  that helps some......then I need to tan more to hide my cottage cheese legs!  ...im kinda dreading the beach day but then again,  I want to keep in on my mind so that I wont over do it with the junk food from now until then!   I tend to get VERY bloated easily!

CoeyG
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I don't get to set in the sun any longer due to health reasons.  However I don't compare my body to anyone else's, I would have stayed in the chare on the beach and enjoyed being in one of my favorite places (on the beach) because in years to come I won't get the chance to do so. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I understand your feelings.  I am still as slim as I always was, but things are not in the same place.  I definitely look better in clothes than in a bathing suit.  I have cellulite on my thighs and upper arms, and it is a hereditary condition, not linked to obesity, as I have never been obese.   Frustrating and sad as I take really good care of myself, but there is not much I can do.  I try to wear a light hip wrap cover up when I am at a resort pool, and when I get up from a lounge chair, I cover up.  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I would love to be in a size 10 again...I  have gain a lot of weight over the past 5 years and am well beyond a 10 now

shadenn766
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM

you call a size 10 flub???...lol...you gotta be kiddin'...cheer up :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN