Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

He got the job!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 18 Replies

Johnny had a job interview a couple weeks ago and they just offered him the position!!!!  OMG.  I am so excited.  It's an internship and only pays $12 an hour but they provide housing!  I am so excited for him I can hardly contain myself.  And he graduates on Friday!   He starts his job on June 25.  Yay!  I will still send him $$ because the lease on his current apartment isn't up until August 31, but that's just 2 months rent I'll send him.  Now I'll finally have a little bit of spare money .... OMG I am so excited!!!!!

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Yay again for you Ronna!!   LOL  LOL  LOL  It seems all my responses to you tonight are YAY!!  LOL  Seriously though....congrats to you and him!!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Thank you, Louann!  He sent me a text, "I have big news" and I texted back, "I'm sitting down...."  then he called me. lol.  I told him I was so excited for him and how incredibly proud I am of him.  I told him I'd be just as proud even if he didn't have that stupid brain tumor.  I told him I wish I was there to give him a big hug and he said, "I guess you have to wait until Thursday." lol.  And I said, "You BETTER let me hug you!!!"  lol 

Quoting louannwilkins:

Yay again for you Ronna!!   LOL  LOL  LOL  It seems all my responses to you tonight are YAY!!  LOL  Seriously though....congrats to you and him!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM

He sure had better let you hug him.  He better let you do it all you want to!!!   LOL  Congrats again!!

Quoting suzeebloch:

Thank you, Louann!  He sent me a text, "I have big news" and I texted back, "I'm sitting down...."  then he called me. lol.  I told him I was so excited for him and how incredibly proud I am of him.  I told him I'd be just as proud even if he didn't have that stupid brain tumor.  I told him I wish I was there to give him a big hug and he said, "I guess you have to wait until Thursday." lol.  And I said, "You BETTER let me hug you!!!"  lol 

Quoting louannwilkins:

CoeyG
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM

COOL.  Where is it at?

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I know, right?!  It's a company in Santa Clara, CA.  He took Amtrack to get to the interview - four hours each way ($60 round trip).  So now he gets to start looking at moving companies.  He doesn't have a whole lot of stuff but also doesn't have a car let alone a truck.  I know a friend of the family has already given him $100 for graduation (Gma still has it) and I know my mom and dad are giving him $500 for a combo graduation/birthday presnent so hopefully that will be enough to get him moved and settled. 

Quoting CoeyG:

COOL.  Where is it at?

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Yay :)  Good for him!!!

kam013
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Woohoo!!  What wonderful news and such a relief knowing how hard it is to find a job these days!  Do a little happy dance.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM

That's so awesome!
Huge congrats to you both <g>
Such a wonderful feeling for him :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

That is wonderful! Congrats to him!

How is he doing halth wise?

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LadySaphira:

That is wonderful! Congrats to him!

How is he doing halth wise?

Thanks, Lisa!  Johnny had another seizure on May 5 which rattled him.  I guess more so because he isn't having them as frequently as he had been so when one does happen it catches him "off guard".  His neuro-oncologist wrote a letter to his school asking for special consideration (additional time) for taking his finals.  He also dropped one class that he didn't really need - and once he dropped that class - about a month ago - that has helped his "stress" level.  Stress contributes to the seizures and the stress of taking a full-course load for the past 3 quarters, in an effort to catch up from havng missed a quarter last year because of the surgery and the side effects, plus the stress of wanting to graduate on time so he could get a job so I could quit working so many hours - well, by allowing him extra time on finals helped a lot, plus dropping that one class.  And now he has the job, too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)