Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How much?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  • 30 Replies

I have a wedding reception to go to on Saturday night.  ( I wasn't invited to the wedding)  I know that they are wanting to do some home improvements later and they've both been married before so I thought about getting them a gift card to home depot or something like that.  How much should I spend?  They're not really close friends and I knew him before her.  We have some mutual friends and see each other at their house quite a bit.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I would probably do $50.   Your idea for a gift card to a home improvement store is a good one.   

gmadiane
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree I would do between $50 and $100

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Thanks Lynda...I thought that kind of gift card would be appropriate since I'd heard them mention some things they wanted to do in the house.   

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I would probably do $50.   Your idea for a gift card to a home improvement store is a good one.   

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Ok well I'm glad I asked because to tell you the truth I wasn't planning on spending that much.    I appreciate it.    :)

Quoting gmadiane:

I agree I would do between $50 and $100

CoeyG
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

How much do you want to spend?  it's a great idea, I know several couples who registered at Lowe's and Home Depot in fact.  

EireLass
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I'd say the same as the others.

Coming upon this ourselves.....getting married July 8th....private sunset sail....then we'll have a large party on August 4th. The party invitations said both 'post nuptual & new home'. But not with the intention of gifts. Like you say....at 50 & 54....we have everything we need. But there are those that think they need to give, and ask if I have this or that. And of course I do. But I would DEFINATELY find it pleasing to have a gift card to a home renovation store.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I would say 50.00 for a wedding gift but 30 or 35.00 is good too if you dont want to spend that much.  Well, maybe only 25.00 since your wernt invited to the wedding. LOl Just kidding.  ; )

kam013
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I would do $50. myself for a friend, I usually will do more for family.

On a side, but related note, I was listening to a radio station the other day and the question from the female DJ was "how much should I give for a wedding gift for a close friend?"  The DJ had indicated this was the first wedding she was going to that she had not been "IN" so she wasn't sure about the appropriate gift amount.  The responses shocked me, they said the AVERAGE GIFT AMOUNT FOR A CLOSE FRIEND IS CURRENTLY AT $150. to $200!!  Thank God all my friends are married already because they would not be getting that much from me.  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

That is what I as thinking.

Quoting DesignGirl450:

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

stuswf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting DesignGirl450:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)