Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

With it being Father's Day tomorrow...

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your fondest memories you have of your dad?

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Replies (31-38):
busygramma4
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Lol! Always a part of gardening I hated too! I forgot that about my dad. He would help my mom too with the flowers and vegetables. But the weeds were left to us too!

Quoting sonogal:

Planting the garden when I was little...carefully setting each plant in its little hole and watering then waiting for the magic to happen. I didn't like the part where we had to weed, though!

busygramma4
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Bet you weren't laughing that day! but a great life lesson learned anyway. Great story!  

Quoting GypsyRayne:

When I was younger I played softball, my dad played with me at home because he wanted me to be good at it, lol.

One day, I was a teen, he told me go get your glove and let's hit a few, which meant he was going to hit, lol. I told him I don't want to. Again he told me go get your glove, to which I replied, I don't want to, He told me yet again to go get my glove, I did.

I throw him the ball and he hits it to me, I didn't catch it, this went on a few more times, and he says fine you want to run get the ball you'll run get the ball. He hits the ball over our yard, over my aunts yard and into the garden. Then he tell me NOW RUN AND GO GET IT.

I stared walking and he says I told you to run. I did, give the ball back to him and he does the same thing again and again and again, lol.

Finally I am like I'll catch it, I'll catch it. So he starts hitting them again to me so I can practice catching the ball.

To some of you this may sound mean, but it it one of the fondest, funniest memories of my dad when I was a teen. I still laugh about it now.

He showed me and my stubborn teenage self.

busygramma4
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I'm sorry you weren't close, I wasn't close to mine either. But got to love that Old Spice!

Quoting gmadiane:

I was not close to my dad, at all but one memory I have is, he worked 3rd shift as a cop and he would get ready for work and I would give him a hug and he smelled like Old Spice, I still cant smell Old Spice and not think of my dad

Amwaynana
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

walks in the woods together with him teaching me the names of trees,plants,birds and animals. Special times!!  He's 87 now and I take care of him !!!

busygramma4
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Nice way of spending time with him and learning too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Dad always shook any presents he got and tried to guess what was in them. Often he was right.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I miss having my dad as a reference for nature.  He knew all the trees and plants.

Quoting Amwaynana:

walks in the woods together with him teaching me the names of trees,plants,birds and animals. Special times!!  He's 87 now and I take care of him !!!

lisamarie1265
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Gosh I have so many, but my favorites dancing with him at my wedding... Unforgettable - Nat King Cole. It was very special. Also seeing him hold my girls for the first time ... When jessie was born she was only 5lbs 5oz 17 in long he could practically hold her in one hand... He was so proud his first grand daughter... I remember him trying to show her he Winnie the Pooh they brought her.. It was so cute, me and dad share a love of Pooh Bear...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)