Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Would you rather stay home or go away?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 29 Replies

We have been doing some updating and repairs on our house. Pretty expensive, as we expected.  We are spending all of this money so we are comfortable in the house, and yet we could have spent the money on nice vacations. 

On vacations we can have someone else take out the trash and make the bed and change the towels., we can eat different foods that I don't have to cook or clean up after, we can visit new places and learn about history and people.

On the other hand. At home I know where everything is. The furniture and bed have been chosen because I like them. I don't run the risk of bring home bedbugs. I have my cats.

Yet vacations are nice. The beach, the traditions.

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I love to vacation. I LOVE to travel. I enjoy going to new places and not have to worry about anything BUT as much as I like that, I absolutely adore my home. I waited until I was 37 to buy my first home and when I did, I bought my dream home. There is no place I would rather be.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM

seeing as I have only ever been on one vacation and it was 9 years ago...I can't say which I rather do. I have heard both horror and wonderful vacation stories from my friends. I did have to go camping with my family every when I was a kid and really did not like it. I am not the pee outdoors kinda girl. I was never really girly but if I can' wipe and flush forget it, I am not going.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Note to self, no drinking iced lattes close to the computer screen...lol

I do not go camping for just that reason. I need an actual bathroom fully equipped and toilet paper is a must...lol

Quoting LadySaphira:

seeing as I have only ever been on one vacation and it was 9 years ago...I can't say which I rather do. I have heard both horror and wonderful vacation stories from my friends. I did have to go camping with my family every when I was a kid and really did not like it. I am not the pee outdoors kinda girl. I was never really girly but if I can' wipe and flush forget it, I am not going.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM

lol sorry

Quoting Reina13:

I do not go camping for just that reason. I need an actual bathroom fully equipped and toilet paper is a must...lol

Quoting LadySaphira:

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I love my vacations which are about 7 days long. I start feeling trapped if I don't get at least one a year.

OTOH, I'm always happy to go home. If my kitty would come on trips with us, I might not be as happy to go home.

nana9106
by Darlene on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Vacations are nice.... for a while. But I always like coming home to MY stuff. My bed, my shower and homemade food. I like the feeling of familiar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM

LOL!  I agree.  My sister likes to go on a camping experience every year. They do have porta-pots, but even using a porta-pot is not my idea of what I want to do on vacation. And I like AC.  And don't like bugs.

Quoting Reina13:

Quoting LadySaphira:

CoeyG
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I rent and so far the landlord isn't going to put any money into updating my side until I move out.  I also do not have any money so going on vacation is out of the question anyway.

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I don't often get to go on vacation.  Can't actually remember the last time I had one.  Time off from work usually just means hanging around the house, catching up on my reading and not doing much.

homeskoolmama
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I rarely even leave my house, so going away sounds like fun, but also I get anxious about who will care for the animals, what if...

I like to sleep in my own bed and riding in the car really makes me hurt more these days.

Not a lot of going for me :(

Hope you can get away at least for a day or two and enjoy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)