Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Would you rather stay home or go away?

Posted by   + Show Post

We have been doing some updating and repairs on our house. Pretty expensive, as we expected.  We are spending all of this money so we are comfortable in the house, and yet we could have spent the money on nice vacations. 

On vacations we can have someone else take out the trash and make the bed and change the towels., we can eat different foods that I don't have to cook or clean up after, we can visit new places and learn about history and people.

On the other hand. At home I know where everything is. The furniture and bed have been chosen because I like them. I don't run the risk of bring home bedbugs. I have my cats.

Yet vacations are nice. The beach, the traditions.

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Replies (21-29):
tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Well agree vacation are fun but nothing like home

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I like anticipating a vacation.  What to do, what to pack.  But then I have to find someone to watch the cats and collect the mail and  paper.  I worry about elderly relatives.  But the anticipation is so nice.  When I get there it is interesting to try different foods and places to eat and to visit the museums and gardens, and to play on the beach, but another shower is never as nice as my own, and I like my bed.

Quoting tinysmom160:

Sue1605
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM

She sure does, doesn't she? Great picture Suzeebloch! You should go on another vacation since you have good experiences on the past one.

Quoting Bmat:

I love this picture. You look so relaxed!

Quoting suzeebloch:

The last true vacation I had was 5 days I spent on Maui in 1999.  Truly had no worries, no cell phone.  My son was living with his dad that week and my daughter was 18.  The person who went with me paid for everything.  We went sight-seeing and snorkling.  It was magnificent. 

the last several times I've been on a road trip I wouldn't say that was vacation. although I used my vacation time for them.  those were the road trips to California from Kansas for Johnny's surgery a year ago and then last week for his college graduation.

but whenever I am away, it is always nice to come back home to my bed and my pillow, and all my stuff! 

stepof5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I definitely have wanderlust too. I love to travel and start itching to go about every 6 months. It is a bit more difficult these days with my 2 1/2 year old. I do enjoy time at home, but can find it difficult to truly relax while seeing all the stuff that needs to be done and with our busy family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I have done a lot of travel/vacations to many places, and have enjoyed them all.  As I have gotten older, I do find jet lag has gotten worse for the overseas flights.   I do love my home and my little garden, and worry about my yard if I am away in the summer.  

chrstnasears
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:42 AM

i want to stay home more because my husband is always complaining about money LOL  but he says that he refuses to stay in on his days off so we go out to eat and planning on a trip to the beach and stuff!  I keep telling him that we could just use the money to buy more groceries and just eat at home more and go to the pool here in that apt complex!   its interesting how the ones who complain about money are the ones who keep spending it!  but i do love going out to eat and to the beach and stuff :-)

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

ME TOO I can not sleep good in another bed....

Quoting Bmat:

I like anticipating a vacation.  What to do, what to pack.  But then I have to find someone to watch the cats and collect the mail and  paper.  I worry about elderly relatives.  But the anticipation is so nice.  When I get there it is interesting to try different foods and places to eat and to visit the museums and gardens, and to play on the beach, but another shower is never as nice as my own, and I like my bed.

Quoting tinysmom160:

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I feel like a zombie when I have jetlag-  I can hardly move and only want to sleep. My husband's philosophy is to jump right into the time frame of where you are and you'll get over it more quickly. I just can't do it.

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I have done a lot of travel/vacations to many places, and have enjoyed them all.  As I have gotten older, I do find jet lag has gotten worse for the overseas flights.   I do love my home and my little garden, and worry about my yard if I am away in the summer.  

LLICE
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I've always adored traveling but find the older I get the more I want MY toilet & MY bed.  lol  It's a conundrum.

travel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN