Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I apparently have been "elected" to be a RFL captain again next year LOL

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

Most of you kow the issues I shared about RFL this year and how I thought about not captaining a team next year because of them. I talked in general conversation with my mom about it and the resons I was thinking about not doing it next year and she never realy said anything, just listed to me vent . Today she has us take her shopping and spends $100 on an awning and says to me"There now next year you don't have to wait for anyone to show up with one. I am going to buy some tables when they go on sale too." She also has started ordering things (no, she does not have any mental dificiancies such as dementia). She already ordered another puppy fountain and wants to get this cute little wooden wagon that you put potted plants in  and a backpack that is full of picnic supplies like plates and such. I guess it is her way of encouraging me not to give up LOL

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Oh and I know you are just sooooooooo thrilled...ummm what are you gonna do with that gun?

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM

LOL , I'm going hunting Dick Chaney style with my co-captain.

Quoting CoeyG:

Oh and I know you are just sooooooooo thrilled...ummm what are you gonna do with that gun?

CoeyG
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM

LOL let's get drunk and shoot somebody

nana9106
by Darlene on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Dont be pressured into it....BUT I think you would be great at it! Who knows you could turn the RFL into a huge success, and make a substantial donation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I agree :)

Quoting nana9106:

Dont be pressured into it....BUT I think you would be great at it! Who knows you could turn the RFL into a huge success, and make a substantial donation.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 6:40 AM

It is a cause you are so passionate about, that is what is needed to be a good captain.  My advice is find some people for your team who have the same passion and work together throughout this year. But I do agree with the others, don't get pressured into something you really don't want to do!

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Do what makes you happy and don't let the slackers get you down.

gmadiane
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM

no, she does not have any mental dificiancies such as dementia  lmao,  maybe you will have a better experience next year, good luck

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I had to point that out ...I have seen people with dementia disorders swing to both ends of the money spending spectrum. One lady I know spent a ton of money before her kids realized it and the had a hell of a time clearing up the debt on her credit cards. My Step grandmother on the other hand...When we cleaned house for my grandfather after her death we found $18,000 plus "change" stashed in various places in the house. It was stuffed inside furniture cushions, behind dusty canned goods on the top shelf of the pantry, behind the cardboard in picture frames........pretty much anywhere you can think of including $327 in a zip lock baggie in the toilet tank.

Quoting gmadiane:

no, she does not have any mental dificiancies such as dementia  lmao,  maybe you will have a better experience next year, good luck

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I was already half way to deciding to captain a team again anyway..I just got a kick out of my mom's way of encouraging me too.

Quoting nana9106:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)