Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Can't believe she actually said it!!!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

I love both my kids to know end. (don't we all)

My YDD still lives at home,while going to  college(no matter how much I try to get her to go off to a college to experience living on her own sort of)... Well about 6-8 months ago, YDD needed a new bed for her room.(she just turned 20yrs old on Friday) DH and I discussed it, and when YDD leaves, the room will be a "guest" room, so at first we were just going to get a single bed. YDD had a hissy fit, she was too "grown"(remember that word) for a single bed! Well then our alternative, was for her to buy her own bed. After all she is right, she is grown.

She couldn't afford a new bed, nor had money put aside for one. We were at a furnature store, and saw a really nice futon, She went nuts, she loved this futon, tried it out at the store, claimed she could sleep on it no  problem.(DH & I  got the futon)

YDD now wants ANOTHER bed! yep! BUT again she can't afford one, nor has money to buy one,she even went as far as to tell us, the Dr. said she needed a good bed(not a futon) she is having back issues, and the Dr said, Futons aren't for permanent sleeping.

No kidding, she is going to move out one day! She wanted the futon, She got it. IF she wants another bed, her grown behind better start saving money, because, I'm not buying her another bed! ugghh kids!

planning a wedding

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I would make her buy her own bed too. Otherwise tough luck!

CoeyG
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Good for you mom!  When Shannon decided to move back in with me here I had one bed and I wasn't giving that up to anyone LOL.  She didn't have all the money to purchase a new bed for herself but she paid half, I paid the other half and she eventually paid me back.  

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I didn't mention, my DH & I gave her several suggestions to "help" her with what ever her "problem" is with this bed.(memory foam or 2 layers of that egg crate foam etc) YDD just didn't want to hear it!

nope no new bed!

Quoting LadySaphira:

I would make her buy her own bed too. Otherwise tough luck!

planning a wedding

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM

We do that with her car if it needs parts and DH can fix it. (kinda keep a tab) and she pays us extra on top of her car ins, cell phone. I mean crips she is living here rent free, while she goes to college!

Quoting CoeyG:

Good for you mom!  When Shannon decided to move back in with me here I had one bed and I wasn't giving that up to anyone LOL.  She didn't have all the money to purchase a new bed for herself but she paid half, I paid the other half and she eventually paid me back.  

planning a wedding

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:41 PM

LOL  Maybe it her back starts to hurt bad enough she'll start saving some money.   lol  Good luck!    :)

Keep us posted too.  

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I have been sleeping on a futon for years.  I wonder if that is why my back hurts.

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM
bump

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM

When we had her try this Futon, our biggest concern was the part where the bed "splits" to be a "couch" type. and we asked her to lay on that, and make sure she could handle that. She was all yes, yes, ohh I so love this. Now it's another story and THAT same "split" part is her reason her back hurts!

Quoting Why123:

I have been sleeping on a futon for years.  I wonder if that is why my back hurts.

planning a wedding

gmadiane
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I would not invest in another bed for her

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Futons do hurt your back.  Well mine anyway.  I did sleep on one for about a year because I lived in a studio so it made sense.  But no way, never again.  It would be great for her if she decided to move out for college.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN