Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Which is your favorite summer fruit?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM
  • 51 Replies

The Dr's patients are always bringing her fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits all year long.   Since we are in an agricultural area it comes in abundance.  Last week two farmers brought us cherries. It was fun tast testing them....  OMG they were sooo good and the best cherries I have ever had. We each took home about 7 lbs.  I   A patient who came in today brought us some plums.  I love both.  This is one of my favorite things about Summer is the summer fruit!

Whats your favorite?  And what do you make with them or do you just each them straight up?

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I like all manner of fruits.  I brought grapes and blueberries to nibble on at work.  I want to get some cherries.  I don't make anything with them.  I just like to eat them.

CoeyG
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM

watermelon

nana9106
by Darlene on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Melons & strawberries

kam013
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Love a good fruit salad with dip . . . . but my favorites are cataloupe and honey dew melon.

Trying to grow some cataloupe in my garden this year.  They have started to come up, but they are not known for doing well in this area. Fingers crossed I get some, I would be so excited!

Shellness
by Michell on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:07 PM

That's so hard!! I love melons, strawberries, pineapple and of course, the blueberries!

mik1of3
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM

While Rainier cherries, regular cherries, tangelos, sliced, cling peaches are my summer mainstays

but my go to fruit is and will always be....watermelon.  My favorite is the black diamond, but regular will do in a pinch.  I LIVED off these things for years when I first moved out on my own...one would be breakfast, lunch, and supper for a week.

My favorite summer veggie?  Without a doubt, corn on the cob.  The very best is Olathe corn...from Olathe Colorado.  They use melted snow to irrigate the corn, and omigod...you don't even need salt or butter to make this stuff yummy!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM

watermelon to just eat, blueberries in pies and pancakes lol

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Well, since tomatoes are REALLY a fruit, I'd have to say tomatoes, but since I know that's not what you're looking for, I'd have to say it's a tie between strawberries and blueberries.  

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 26, 2012 at 5:42 PM

What about a nice big juicy orange?

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 26, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I always find blueberries bitter if they are not cooked.  But maybe I have just never had a good blueberry.   I sliced some cherries in my vanilla yogurt for dessert one night.  It was sooooo good. 

Quoting Why123:

I like all manner of fruits.  I brought grapes and blueberries to nibble on at work.  I want to get some cherries.  I don't make anything with them.  I just like to eat them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)