Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Which is your favorite summer fruit?

Posted by   + Show Post

The Dr's patients are always bringing her fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits all year long.   Since we are in an agricultural area it comes in abundance.  Last week two farmers brought us cherries. It was fun tast testing them....  OMG they were sooo good and the best cherries I have ever had. We each took home about 7 lbs.  I   A patient who came in today brought us some plums.  I love both.  This is one of my favorite things about Summer is the summer fruit!

Whats your favorite?  And what do you make with them or do you just each them straight up?

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Cherries, hands down.  Can't get enough of them, and because of the staggered growing season now, they seem to be around longer every summer.  Yea!!

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I like most fruits but I think raspberries, apricots are my favorites.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM

For some reason pineapple makes my tongue all prickly.

Quoting KittyGram:

I've bought pineapple twice recently, and it was perfect both times!

Quoting Esmrlda:

Oh yes, I forgot about pineapple and now that you mentioned it I have noticed it in the grocery store.  MM MMm MMM

Quoting Shellness:

That's so hard!! I love melons, strawberries, pineapple and of course, the blueberries!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I live in Kansas.  I have to rely on the grocery store.  When strawberries are on sale, for example 99¢ a pint, I'll buy 10 pints.  Then I wash them, remove the stems, halve them and freeze them on wax paper on a cookie sheet in the freezer, then pop into ziploc freezer bags after they are frozen.  Even if they develop ice particles down the road, they still blend well in smoothies!  I'm just now finishing  up the strawberries I bought last summer! 

Quoting Esmrlda:

There are strawberry fields galore out here.  There is a Strawberry field behind our house, up the street, down the street.  You could sneak out there a night with a flashlight and a basket. Haha.

I love the strawberries for Strawberry shortcake. The only thing I dont like about the Strawberries is that you need to use the up right away or they will go bad within two days.

Quoting nana9106:

Melons & strawberries

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Those are the best!

Quoting lauriebash:

Black cherries

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM

oh, and the guy I was GONNA live happily ever after with (back in 2008) - he lives in Erie PA.  I was SO looking forward to concord grapes.  I can't even find them at the grocery store here - they have red grapes but those aren't the same -  every now and then I find them at the oriental market. 

the_kids_mom
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Watermelon, hands down!!!!!! Followed by green grapes and plums!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM

shh tee hee hee

Quoting nana9106:

I pretty much will eat anything strawberry.
I would SO be creeping me a strawberry field! Let me find my basket

Quoting Esmrlda:

There are strawberry fields galore out here.  There is a Strawberry field behind our house, up the street, down the street.  You could sneak out there a night with a flashlight and a basket. Haha.

I love the strawberries for Strawberry shortcake. The only thing I dont like about the Strawberries is that you need to use the up right away or they will go bad within two days.

Quoting nana9106:

Melons & strawberries

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Nice! How do you keep critters and birds from eating them?

Quoting kam013:

Ohhhh, I forgot about pineapple too!! Love them, especially in my fruity adult beverages. We have several blueberry bushes in our yard that we planted a few years ago. They are still smallish, bit they are loaded with berries, almost ready to pick.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Oh yes, I forgot about pineapple and now that you mentioned it I have noticed it in the grocery store.  MM MMm MMM

Quoting Shellness:

That's so hard!! I love melons, strawberries, pineapple and of course, the blueberries!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I have seen those before growing on the vine.  They were as big as a golf ball and the most beautiful shade of purple.

Quoting suzeebloch:

oh, and the guy I was GONNA live happily ever after with (back in 2008) - he lives in Erie PA.  I was SO looking forward to concord grapes.  I can't even find them at the grocery store here - they have red grapes but those aren't the same -  every now and then I find them at the oriental market. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)